Testing G-Sync Compatible Korean (& Pixio) Monitors | Level One Techs

RESULTS TABLE: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/g-sync-compatible-korean-pixio-monitors-...

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/testing-g-sync-compatible-korean-pixio-monitors

Great coverage on the G-sync compatible implementation. Surprised to learn that you experienced very little issues with the monitors tested.

I have an Acer H227HK 4k monitor with a 40-60 Hz FreeSync range. I am getting screen black outs very often and they last a couple of seconds at a time. This is even when the FPS is well within the FreeSync range. I purchased a Vesa certfified HBR3 DisplayPort cable (thinking that it was a bandwidth limitation of the cable used), and the issue still persists.

Hopefully, within time, we will have an extensive list of the tech community’s experiences. With a sample size of one, it hasn’t fared well for me thus far.

You’d be surprised how many fake cables are out there. Try getting a dp1.4 cable from a highly rated seller. Check windows event log. 2 secs suggests full hdcp handshake which may not be the monitor. If you have more than one dp port on the PC and the monitor try them all. You’d be surprised.

1 Like

This cable is a DP 1.4 HBR3 32.4 Gbps, it was purchased from a reputable UK company (Scan computers). I shall trawl the Windows logs for anything relevant, thanks alot. I tried both DP ports on my 1080ti, and the monitor unfortunately only has one. I wish I had an AMD card to hand, to rule it out being Nvidia specific.

An RMA could be risky, as if they do not find an issue I will get the bill. Now that I have had a glimpse of VRR gaming, I may just bite the bullet and pay the Nvidia tax on a nice G-sync monitor. I am a Software Developer, so I work from home a lot (price tag justified?)

Thanks again, Wendell

i am confused. there are 2 different threads here for the same topic

Make sure the cable is away from all other cables? Could be outside interference too

FreeSync on Nvidia still only works via DisplayPort, does it?

for 99% of cases, yes

What about a DP to HDMI adapter? Could adaptive sync over HDMI via a DP output on an NVIDIA card work?

most of these adapters still register hdmi timings, so nvidia disables the option for gsync