Tesla trucks

Yeah too many idiots on the road.

The problem really is the transition from manual to autonomous. It’s kinda hard for software to figure out the unpredictability of the human idiot.

Don’t need em now.
Right now fear and ignorance puts food on my table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, they look nice and sleek. But no bullbars on them. Plenty of roos in Aus, and I am sure trucks in the USA plow animals off the road all the time! How many moose would it take to bring one of these down?

Again… concept, not actual production.

I guess it does have the lower flat section, where you could put a steel wall of some kind. I would want to see it on there even in the conceptual phase. You are selling a work vehicle, show me it is built for it!

So, let’s give thanks to fear and ignorance?

I’m curious if the AI will be smart enough to signal to the right when it want’s to go in the left lane. Since my experience driving around near LA is that most cars will pass you on whatever way you signal light is going. lol

Just what we need, more things to increase the demand for Cobalt and Lithium and Jack up the prices.

I see a potential investment opportunity there

2 Likes

Indeed tesla play in the car and truck market but cant do volume only drive change.

The new mega charger adds 400 miles in 30 minutes.
By law every driver has to take a 30 minute brake after 8 hours that works out quite well.
I am curious how much the skirts on the bottom will fair when drivers have to jump curbs which happens allot.
Also how the fairings look after a trip to the hilly section of San Fran.

0-60 in 20 seconds @ 80,000lbs is very impressive.

It won’t replace Diesel trucks, but it may work well in the delivery segment, of course many liftgates need juice from the alternator. And when someone does something stupid it will be more likely to make the front page :slight_smile:

Hopefully Musk stayed with a standard truck front suspension instead of something untried and unproven

1 Like