Tesla Truck Unveiling - Livestream

Damn it I just found that on Twitter I was gonna post it lmfao

2 Likes

I think i saw this one in Demolition man… oh no wait those looked more futuristic.

2 Likes

If I’m honest, other than the fact that it doesn’t look like a truck, I like it.

2 Likes

All they had to do was make make something that looked like a truck… I can’t imagine many truck owners jumping ship to this for the risk of embarrassment.

Ford, Chevy, Toyota, and every truck manufacturer just breathed a sigh of relief. And now they have the opportunity to make something more appealing to their market.

I mean… it does look like a pickup truck. That just seems obvious to me.

It just looks like a jacked up SUV from most angles. I get that he’s trying to make something look different, but again I’m just not sure what audience he is trying to hit.

And by “look like a truck” I mean something that has a similar look to any gas trucks on the market. Not saying to copy the design but at least have some resemblance to it.

2 Likes

First thing that came to mind.
The Buck Rogers Land Rover.
Loved that show…

It reminds me of a lancia stratos or the other wedge cars from yesteryear.

I would love a wedge car.

2 Likes

Oh i love the title!

1 Like

It’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Are they gonna release an RTX = ON version?

3 Likes

I’ll take the Rivian.
Although I’m sure tons of people who would never buy a truck will now get one cause Tesla.

4 Likes

I dont mind they Breaking the mold. Its a truck. So is it functional to get in and out of and the tray needs to be strong. Im tall and it looks a little low rider to me.

It does looks a little flimsy to me. However modern trucks are so easy to dent and full of plastic bits.

It should be able to take a standard sized palet from a fork lift and its sloped rear top does look totally un-funtional.

Remember when trucks had leather and wood trim? Pepperridge farm remembers.

seriously though was truck shopping with my dad and all the new-ish cheap trucks are as bland as a toyota corolla and with cloth seats that are taking the mesh from your kids soccer shoes

It looks beautiful what’s the problem?

The Tesla Truck would make a good Level One Video. The camping features look cool, so this is a good opportunity for Krista to host a video and Ryan is always entertaining when he talks about Tesla.

Tesla%20Truck%20Camping

Hmm looked at this wonder what its off road performance would be like.

The styling seems to be going after the 4x4 crowd but range and having to recharge really hurts overlanding capability.

Overlanding, btw, is blending camping and offroading for long distance journeys. The normal solution for combustion trucks is carry fuel with them. That really isn’t an option here. Solar, maybe?

A tire inflation system, terrain selection, rock guards, skid plates, tow hooks, trailer reciever and floodlights need to be options if you want the 4x4 and bubba crowd to take it seriously.

4x4s need an active aftermarket so it can be customized to the users wants/needs, Tesla needs to embrace this.

Jeep has plug-in hybrids on the way and they have the a massive after market already.

Ford has plans for electric and hybrid F150s by 2021.

Toyota is on path to electrification with their hilux (pickup truck) and the land cruiser.

The normal Tesla enthusiast is primarily a city driver. So, if you want to enter a new market, you better understand it.

3 Likes

I like it, but I’m a big fan of retro-futurism.

3 Likes