Tesla Truck Unveiling - Livestream

Elon Musk will unveil Tesla’s newest vehicle and it’s first peoples truck today at an event that will begin at 8PM PT / 11PM ET / 10PM CST. A live stream hasn’t been posted yet but will be soon. The truck is supposed to have blade runner-esque styling and be available for less then $50.000

Live stream link: (they do ask for a name and email, at least for me they did. I just put in anything and it let me thru.)

Personally I hope for a kei style small truck

1 Like

That’s 04:00 UTC on the 22nd for the rest of the world.

5 Likes

Looking to buy? :wink:

I’m already eyeing the Rivian, so curious to see what Tesla puts out.

1 Like

16ish hours

I wonder if it’ll beat the original Tesla Truckla

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I forgot about that project. I thought the truckla was something that Nikola Tesla did. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

What perks are there to the Rivian? I saw some parts of some videos. They have this pass thru storage passage thing between the bed and the cabin which is cool. Other then that I don’t know.

2 Likes

4x motors presents some interesting capabilities for offroading on rocks/sand/loose terrain.

1 Like

Awwww yeah

1 Like

It looks like 1980s/90s computer mouse

3 Likes

Broooo. Starts at 40k. Seats six. The bed is led lit and fits an ATV. And Tesla built an ATV! Tough stainless steel body, with almost indestructible windows. Cameras instead of mirrors.

Pics and article: https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-pricing-start-39995

3 Likes

Live stream over

What the fuck, they are serious with this

4 Likes

That looks like a low poly render, lol.

7 Likes

I found the design inspiration

3 Likes

the steel body looks probably the coolest, will probably scratch really easily. Given how tesla handles parts distribution, I expect it to be really hard for the owner to repair and maintain themselves

Though I wonder how the steel body managed to pass safety inspections :thinking:.
The reason why car bodies dent easily is to increase the time from hitting something and thus reduce the force.

1 Like

That was also my first thought. If it’s that tough on the outside, what happens if someone just misses the brakes once? This thing will kill people.

I think it looks like something out of a late 90’s Knight Rider ripoff. :rofl:

2 Likes

He hit it with a hammer not another car at 60mph. It’ll have a crumple zone like all cars.

1 Like

Finally caught up on it and I love it, cars are following eachothers trends and I can say to some cars “wow that looks like a toyota in the front and a ford in the back with a bmw interior”. This looks like a concept that they said ‘yeah that works’ and I love it because most concepts look muuch better than the production model, the stainless steel is a bit overkill but meh it does look sharp.

1 Like

10 Likes