Temps randomly jumping?

Yeah. I still can't believe I built my first water cooling system and it turns on at one try. I did flip the radiator to where the tubes are at the top. No difference. I should probably remount it the 3rd time with the system laying flat instead of standing up, with the fans on the other side at the front.

Congratulations on that, the hardest part is behind you.
I think the fans are ok on the side they are, what I was trying to say is that the air usually should go in this direction:
back<----front

Fans :) ya.... My first build involved not putting the mb standoffs in so when i tried to boot it would short to the case and stop :) they are doing good. I would say the heat is not exhausting very well through the front. Does the case have room for mounting that to the top ?

It won't be able to fit. Motherboard is too bulky.

Just flip the fans around and get everything heading in the right direction. Should notice an improvement.

I've learned my lessons, nowadays I read all manuals at least once, even if it's something "easy".

Me too :) I save them.

I'll keep you all updated.

Try pressing on the top of the pump firmly when the CPU is under load to see if the temps drop. If they do re check the pump mounts and bracket.

I installed the fans on the other way with the correct airflow - no difference, however, the fans sound a different when they are roaring.

Sorry of it has been asked but are the fans set at the package temp or h100 temp? I put mine once on the package and the fans speed jumps on activity and lacks on cooling the liquid.

Correct me if i am wrong

What do you mean?

To be honest I'm not sure what could be the problem.
but since your cooler seems to be working I'm kind of suspicious on the contact between pump and cpu.
when you checked if there was a plastic film between the copper and the cpu did you notice a stain of thermal paste in the cpu or was it clean? if it was stained in a circle it means it makes correct contact, if it wasn't it may mean it doesn't and a pump reseat should be in order.

chech the cooler manual to make sure the pump it's installed correctly, some say it's the hardest part to install

It was in contact when I reseated it twice.

oh ok
then there's a chance the cooler is defective

So I need to RMA it to corsair?

I'd contact them for support first, maybe they can help you fix the issue or corroborate if the cooler is defective

First off: water cooled loop does not equal AIO cooler (your H100i)

Next: You can't expect a AIO that work as well as custom water loop. This is mostly because they don't use good pumps and they have no reservoir.

Finally: It seems to me, that there are air pockets in the loop which are causing all you problems (the most common problem of AIO coolers).

I cannot use or recommend anyone use a water loop without a reservoir and flow meter, but I am anal about these things.

Flow meter does not need to be anything expensive just something to tell you the pump works, or if the pump allows to show you rpm.

We're trying to help him get what he already has bought to work properly.
It is common knowledge that custom loops are usually cooler however AIO's tend to be easier/cheaper for non-pros like me for instance.

Well you can try and get the air (if that is the problem) to the top of the rad (the end with no hoses).

Lift up the AIO so lowest part is the cpu block and the highest part the top of the rad. Make sure the hoses go straight up.
Run the pump and listen carefully if it changes pitch, you want it to make a consistent pitch (implying that there are is air going though it). Squeeze the hoses a bit shake the rad.

Pump pitch doesn't change then it should be fine. When put the AIO back into the case make sure to keep the top of the rad above the rest of the assembly.