Tea vs Coffee: The battle for the cup

Wife has been buying it lately. Usually, I do it in the press with whatever beans we have on hand. I've been getting into light roasts (read: finally seeing the light) over the past few months, so I like having that.

I also tried that egg method (for hot coffee; no press needed), and it was friggin' amazing, though I had to grind the beans much finer and use a higher volume of grounds, since brewing with an egg neutralizes some of the aroma and flavor as well as the acidity. And who doesn't want the aroma? :blush:

I like green tea.

I prefer my tea to be plain, so I don't add anything

When I have a lot of time, i usually get a teaspoon of leaves and put it into room temperature water and wait until the leaves sink to the bottom.

After the leaves sink to the bottom, I add boiled water to it. Then I drink it after it settles.

I also like to drink the stuff made by Starbucks, though we know there must be so much "candy" inside, but just like it!! And I will control myself to drink less "candy".:stuck_out_tongue:

Your summary is really in place, there must be so many people agree with your opinion including me.

1 Like

Then you must be so thin due to the black coffee with no sugar can help reduce the weight. Haha, a joke.

1 Like

First cuppa the day has to be coffee. About half-way through my second cup I find the coffee is giving me a 'bad breath' taste in my mouth. Yuck. I might have more coffee if I have cookies or cake as a snack later. I drink it light but barely sweet.

I mostly drink real lemonade or lemon water (my invention = watered down lemonade) the rest of the day. I usually have a cup of Constant Comment orange spice tea in the evening. I like my tea with a splash of lemon, some honey and sugar, pretty sweet.

1 Like

I also like drinking some chamomile tea before I sleep!! Then both the coffee and teas are so important in our lives.

I could even smell the scent of coffee beans, it really makes us intoxicated.

Maybe I should try the cold-brewed coffe in such hot season.

So professional practice, I can feel that you really fall in love with teas, and carefully studied the right way to drink tea.

Your recipes is so tempting, and I can't help trying as what you say.

lol my parrents drink tea fairly often so I guess it rubbed off on me

I stay away from coffee and most normal kinds of tea for reasons of my own. I do however like cold wheat/barley tea in the summer.

Herbal teas are nice if I'm cold or ill.

Man if it was that easy... I wish just black coffee did that but I offset it with many junk foods.

Opinions everywhere! So instead of talking health benefits, taste, etc. I'll give you an alternative to both.

Try "Chinese coffee" (That's what the Chinese guy who couldn't speak English called it to get my attention. My wife calls it that too now since she found it funny) It's hardly coffee at all. Pretty good though!

Mate, i don't know how to tell you, you got weeks left to live, that is tar not coffee or anything a person should be drinking really.

Okay so what is it really.

1 Like

Ha!

Yeah, it's not coffee in the slightest. The street vendor just shouted that out to me to get my attention. "Chinese coffee!" is what he yelled. I think we were in Hangzhou or Xiao Shan. My wife was with me at the time and she died laughing because she knew it was nothing like coffee from the moment he yelled, "Chinese coffee!" Ever since then that's what she calls it now when we speak English.

It's actually a black sesame "soup". It's quite thick but you can add however much water you want. In stores they sell it in oatmeal type packets. It's actually very good! Light sweetness to it. Very good for you. If you have an oriental shop near you they probably have this in some capacity.

2 Likes

Coffee, everyday, black with no flavor enhancers, I basically have three drinks that I consume, coffee, water, and juice, juice being lemonade, orange juice, grape juice.... Don't really care for tea in any form.

1 Like

Interesting. I might look into it more, there are indeed plenty of Asian cuisine shop about I can check out.

1 Like

Tea 90% of the time - that's black caffeinated tea with milk.
Coffee 10% of the time - french press, moka pot, espresso machine, cezve (turkish coffee) or plain old instant.