Tea vs Coffee: The battle for the cup

There is always an intense discussion between the coffee and tea. What I think is that tea is definitely the simper drink, it's quite suitable to make it for ourselves. What do you think about the tea and coffee?

2 Likes

Both good, tea is probably generally better for you.

I like "candy" coffees, the stuff you'd buy at a cafe or starbucks, not a fan of the simple black or bitterness.
I do brew loose leaf tea though, it tastes great.

Coffee isn't really rocket science either. The only hard part for me is to get that smooth texture.

1 Like

I often drink the teas, but less drink the coffee, have you ever heard the coffee intolerance, once I drink coffee I will soon need to poop.:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Good if you ever have problems

I am somewhat addicted to coffee, recently got off it but am back on it again grrr. Oh well.
I drink tea a reasonable amount too, wife actually has a sort of 2 layer cup for brewing tea with fruit flavoured stuff... odd but tasty.
Oh, but for coffee we have a stovetop espresso and a separate milk frother. It's pretty good too. Ugh I hate being an adult!

Sometimes.

I mostly drink tea, but I do love me some coffee from time to time.

1 Like

Tea - After eating 'heavy' 'strong' foods as a cleanser (i.e Mi Goreng.... so much MSG...)

Coffee - I need to wake up and do stuff and may have to take a dump.

2 Likes

Coffee, black, no sugar.

Usually a french press, some times a shot from the nespresso machine, other time where ever I am out. Can usually only do about 1 cup a day if that, pretty sensitive to caffeine.

Do not like tea, which warrants very odd/angry looks from the locals, everyone in Ireland drinks tea.

Unlock your self from limitations:

(I think I will try this tomorrow :smiley: )

2 Likes

I generally make "Al-Qahwa"(coffee) but only in company, on my own I drink my "shay" (tea).

I really prefer tea, it's more sustainable, simpler (marginally) and has far greater and nicer variety without such strong side effects. Tea has many claimed health benefits ( I don't quite believe them all :stuck_out_tongue: ) but overall they are better than coffee which I really think is best taken only in small amounts occasionally to prevent dependence.

Black Tea is the most common for me as well as, Cardamom, Chamomile, Thyme, Anise Tea's.
Yes I might be a slight bit arabic when it comes to such things :slight_smile:

It's all about coffee.

Freshly roasted beans from a good roaster, burr grinder and a v60 or aeropress. Or when the UK gets too hot a cold brew!

I like both, but often wish for a tea with a lot more caffeine in it. For some reason I like to experiment with flavors of tea, but coffe not so much more than a dash of milk. Maybe a pinch of cardamom.

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon is how I roll.

6 Likes

Every once in a while our french press breaks and has to be replaced. It's a sad stretch in between presses...

I did the barista thing for a couple of years in college, so I have a long love affair with coffee (especially espresso), though I quite enjoy tea at times, as well.

Lately it's been cold-brewed coffee.

I love coffee... in ice cream, chocolate or cake. In a mug it always disappoints me, the scent oversells the taste. Tend to drink more tea unless high quality coffee is available.

1 Like

Coffee, prepared in the french press.
Black perfection without gram of sugar or milk.

I prefer cider.

What do you use to cold brew?