Sysadmin Mega Thread

:thinking: Maybe.

Firefox and curl

curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to admindev.tech:443

Check the support url i linked might fix it

1 Like

No, setting a new profile didnā€™t help. :confused: Still getting the error. Same with curl.

It was working without issue until I changed the domain from test.admindev.tech to admindev.tech. WTF. So pissed right now. Iā€™ve only ever had this issue with my own sites and itā€™s only started happening recently. I work with these technologies daily and never see this.

okay, firefox didnā€™t open it, while chrome didā€¦

edge also opened it

1 Like

Bounce around a lot. Itā€™ll fail in Chrome too. Itā€™ll say the connection was stopped suddenly, or something.

Oh my fucking God.

I left an A record in Digital Oceanā€™s DNS from about a year ago.

My domain had two IPs, I guess it would try the fā€™ked up one every once in a while. Which is why it happened at home and on DO. It didnā€™t happen yesterday because everything was going to test.admindev which only had one fucking A record.

Christ on a stick I suck at networking. Glaring, obvious oversight.

Now the EFF is pissed that I ordered so many certs in a short amount of time, so I have to use http for a day or two.

Lmfao.

Dns strikes again

4 Likes

LMFTFY

best of the IT wars movies

2 Likes

Today I pulled a dumbā€¦ I set up conditional forwarding on my pi-hole not thinking that it would affect my externally hosted servers. Well I spend a good few hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my DNS when one of my domains worked without issue while the other pointing to the same server wasnā€™t working.

Dns strikes back again

3 Likes

Lmao.

Quiet, you.

1 Like

Messed with my network the other today and setup another vlan for wifi iot devices. Set it all up and those devices got an address and all but unifi was showing issues with them. Took three hours to realize I forgot to allow vlan to internet on pfsense firewall. Kicked myself real hard for that one

2 Likes

Does anyone else have inconsistent results with Unifi registering hostnames? Very hit or miss for meā€¦

Soā€¦ QEMU/KVM runs VMware ESXi in a VM.

VM inside of ESXi booted up to PXE boot even!

So yay. QEMU usable as a vsphere lab.

2 Likes

Yep. ESXi lets you do nested virtualization. Nice for labs and testing cluster configs :slight_smile:

I built a server today and also deployed a serverless lambda function on aws truly this is full stack

the thing i was unsure of was qemu/kvm nested

i.e

vm inside of esxi inside of qemu/kvm works :slight_smile:

i knew it worked inside of workstation, but iā€™m migrating off thatā€¦

1 Like

This was how we tested Nutanix at my old company lol.

1 Like

Looking at suckless stuff. Iā€™m intrigued, but idk how well itā€™ll hold up under actual use. Anyone here advocate for it against it?

1 Like

Highly for, especially if youā€™re in a majority terminal environment. Especially if youā€™re a fan of keyboard shortcuts.

1 Like