Sysadmin Mega Thread

How is that a thing? Why? For windows 3.1 compatibility? Lol

1 Like

How did that get changed??

I might have done a bios reset and ide might be default. Kinda nuts, the board is old but not that old (Supermicro X8).

Would IDE mode be considered Fail Safe Defaults for compatibility of storage devices ?

If the board is old enough

I just had no idea that IDE on a SATA controller was even possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m used to seeing that kind of weirdness with supermicro

1 Like

So I have a macOS vm running in ESXi 6.7 on a 2013 Mac Pro and I have an issue where every key press registers as enterā€¦ fml

You canā€™t use su or su - to escalate as root? You need to know the root accounts password, butā€¦

I usually configure passwordless root, so I only have sudo.

Fair enough. You are a brave one.

1 Like

Not a production box so no harm done.

Does anyone here use postman or other software to interact with APIā€™s, or does everyone just use curl?

3 Likes

Does anyone know basic webpage hacking (I do not)?

I might be able to help, but Iā€™m out at the moment. Iā€™ll have a look when I get back.

1 Like

Postman is great for testing when youā€™re developing. If youā€™re interacting with a completed API, use a programming language like Python or Go.

1 Like

Iā€™m not that into this, but I came across this video the other day. Narraror goes through login, parsing process, and running page operations from objects. Might be applicableā€¦

1 Like

Thanks. I just got it working, but if I ever have to hack into web UIs again, Iā€™ll take a look.

1 Like

Postman is pretty dope.

1 Like

My CentOS 8 installation/config thread should land next week. I am putting off PAM hardening and auditd config.

1 Like