Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Nov. 12, 2015 UPDATE!) TV Spot #3

in usa you write MM/DD/YYYY

I am still salty that Disney killed off 1313 for being to violent but is making Battlefront. In my mind Battlefront is more violent because you are just running around shooting people with out a great point. 1313 had a story and plot and a reason to kill people.

In Battlefront it is just moving around that map, kill people, camp, heal people, die, camp, wander around, kill people, die, kill the camper, die, rage quit.

anger

That's how it's done in the US just like we measure based on queen Elizabeth's feet. Get over it you damn Brit.

Wasn't Lucas going to give it to one of his daughters? I swore I heard him say that in an interview somewhere. Realistically one thing that Disney is good at is putting the right people in charge, so I think that this may not be that bad of an idea, signing it to Disney.

I would of loved for him to keep it tho and do this Star Wars film but with J.J. himself and Peter Jackson.

I watched that trailer quite a few times last night.

#StarWarsVIIHYPE

You should take example from us and do it the correct way. Lol :D

If you watch the SDCC reel i posted, you will see that they are in fact shooting on 35mm film. In addition, some scenes (at least one on Jakku) is shot on 70mm IMAX film.

Phasma is actually a woman (played by Gwendoline Christie, from Game of Thrones) and nothin is known about her. She is not from any books.

As far as the emporer goes. I am 99.99999% he is dead. All the comic books/novels before this year are no longer canon. They are apart of the 'Legacy' stories, which are akin to DC's 'Else Worlds' titles. they are not connected to the movies.

I watched it 20 times <.< I gotta pace myself XD (there is a Mandalorian flag in the top, among all those flags at that castle entrance scene ;) )

That could be true. But, if he does go Force Ghost, i would think he would be a little bit more involved than Obi-Wan in Empire and Jedi. Side note: i wonder if we will see Yoda....

Someone edited together all the teasers together with the trailer. not bad.

She is actually supossed to be a General, and that picture is not from the film, but an on set photo. You are seeing Carrie, not Leia.

I don't think that is why they axed it. They could have easily 'lightened' it up to meet a T rating (happens in movies all the time). I think what is more realistic is that it didn't fit with the new canon. Everything story drive in Star Wars since the begining of the year has been canon. The books, comics, even the mobile game.

I think that was one of the main reasons. But don't fret, as Visceral Games, with the help of writer Amy Hennig (the Uncharted series), is making a new 3rd person story driven star wars game. It has been described as 1313 meets uncharted. So look forward to that :)
Hell, if anything, the graphics will be a bit better, and the writing may be tighter. the loss of 1313 was sad, but at least we know things are being done.

Out of NOWHERE they released a new trailer for overseas! I looks awesome. I personally don't think it feels as epic as the others, but some people are enjoying it more than the previous teasers/trailer.

Here are some screen caps, and a new-ish poster.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/11/new-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-surprises-with-lots-of-new-footage.html

I spy a moisture farm.

You sure did. I have a little theory. We know it isn't Tatooine (the planet is Jakku), but.... perhaps Jakku is in the same system? There were a couple of other planets near Tatooine in the opening shot of A New Hope.

I'll just leave this contraband here

I die a little inside every time a topic that used to be a thing but might not be any longer comes up.

well there ya go. It may very well not be in the same system then lol. I do support the elimination of the EU from cannon though. I am sure they won't change locations of planets, It is just events that are being opened up for possibilities. There would have been no way they could have done new films with the old cast without doing what they did.

I will just leave this here...

The new film has inspired me to compose some new tunes ;)

1 Like

New tv Spot, new footage.

More Star Wars discussion:

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/star-wars-the-force-awakens-review-chat-spoilers/93443/28

Warning: This is a plot oriented discussion. SPOILER ALERT