Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Wow! I assume charges were brought but who knows these days.

1 Like

Could it have been Arlo White?

Syndegard should have never pitched that game. How the heck did the Mets let him pitch after he refused an MRI last week. They should have put him on the DL until he decided to go through the MRI. These kind of things keep biting them in the ass. All these injuries also highlight the poor decision to not try keeping Bartolo Colon. Yea hes in his 40's but at least plays every game and gets wins. We could use him right about now.

1 Like

Tell me about it. You guys might find this funny very Mets related.

1 Like

Yea, Im sure all Mets fans share the same level of disappointment and rage as this kid after Sunday's fiasco.

1 Like

Ayyy.

ESPN were talking about the whole MRI thing last night. I listened for a bit. And then realized that this is kinda like the people that don't believe in medicine and don't wanna take it and/or go the doctor.

Personally, if it were me on the street messing with friends, I wouldn't have went. But if I were on a team, I would have went in a heart beat. And if I decided I didn't want to go, management should beat my ass and make me go.

I was not afraid to put Lookin At Lee in my exactor despite being in post #1 which for some reason is bad in the Kentucky Derby. It often doesn't produce winners and well this time it didn't either but it sure as hell made for an interesting finish to the race for me and I still got the exactor with him second and it paid quite a bit. : )

1 Like

This guy had a hell of a game.

1 Like

I don't if anyone is following the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but the Washington Capitals put on a clinic last night:

1 Like

The Crapitals have never won a thing so it would shock me if they win G#7. Also quite honestly in regards to the NHL Playoffs after the 1st round without so many series to watch I find it boring. I like choices. I also enjoy it more when the New York Rangers are out and that is my main focus right now. Once they are out I can then enjoy the playoffs once again and maybe watch a game and if Ottawa eliminates the Rags in G#6 I will definitely watch G#7 of the Pens vs Caps.

1 Like

Go Caps!
If they beat Pens tomorrow night, they cruise the rest of the way to the Cup.

1 Like

Interesting discussion about Kovy possibly returning. What do you think about that?

http://www.devilsrule.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14723

1 Like

The Caps cruising their way to anything is laughable. They have never won a Stanley Cup.

1 Like

I'll tell you what; the Caps have in past years have historically come closer to a Cup than most teams in the League.
They have had several times the best defensive corps ever assembled.
Scott Stevens had his breakout year there.

1 Like

He is 34 years old so he definitely would not be part of our future as this is a rebuild right now but I guess he may be able to help us in the scoring department but it matters what we will have to pay him. Also if he does play for the team we could always trade him at the NHL Trade Deadline for something if the team is out of playoff contention but the contract would have to be reasonable for any team to want him. Twice I have mentioned the contract being an issue and for me that is all it is about. I would not mind Kovy back with the team because all he wanted to do when he left was go home to Russia. Some fans won't forgive him for walking out on the team but I understand why he did it and any reasonable person should.

1 Like

Is there not time left on Kovy's last contract?
I always have been intrigued by the speculation that Lou suggested that he go to the KHL to help the team out financially.
It was certainly greased at the highest level in Russia.

1 Like

The contract is no longer valid other than that the Devils own his rights.

1 Like

What line would you put him with?

1 Like

I would put him with Zacha and Palmieri. I think though before the summer is over there is a very good chance our roster is going to look much different and so there could be some other new forward additions that Kovy could play with.

1 Like

Zacha as a Center for him?

1 Like