Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Game over at the 90. No extra time needed.

Bayern have won their 26th Bundesliga title and have just won their 5th straight.

Ugh, the joy of my team going up by 3 in the top of the first inning, then going down 4-3 in the bottom of the first inning.

Why must I be a Mariners fan. Sigh.

In other new, the NFL draft has been pretty exciting. Anybody particularly stoked that their teams made some good choices, or particularly pissed that their team blew it? I'm jazzed that my Seahawks drafted a center in the second round. Ever since we traded Max Unger away we've needed one.

2 Likes

The New Jersey Devils win the 1st pick overall in the NHL Entry Draft for 2017!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

You gotta Love Raikonnen.

Pits: Bottas is 9 seconds ahead but you are 0.8 sec faster a lap.
Kimi: How did Bottas get in front of me?
Pits: Uhh... because he was leading the race?
Kimi: Oh. I thought it was the other way round. LOL

Any guy that can crack wise while driving a Ferrari at 150MPH is cool in my book.

A good race especially Vettel's final radio message:
"What the hell was that?"

That Sebastian, was Felipe Massa making your life difficult on the final lap of the Russian GP so his former teammate could win his first race.

1 Like

Okay baseball fans: It's not everyday you see this!

He has only pitches a 1/5 of an inning at this point but jesus look at that ERA with 4 earned runs lol. I had the highest hopes for Thor. Now he just seems like a glass cannon that the mets keep putting on the DL for a blister on his finger. Right now he is making Matt Harvey look like a savior.

De Grom is our last hope for pitching if this continues.

EDIT:

Make that 5 earned runs over 1.2 innings. Pulled from the game. Complaining of sore forearm...a past injury from this season (it's only been 4 weeks) that could have been taken care of but he refused an MRI. As a true Mets fan, I would boo him out of the stadium.

2 Likes

@fruitbrut funny that I see this name today as in Syndergaard because last night the horse named after him got backed into and lost a $100,000 race. An amazing horse that got totally screwed over out on the track but still did manage to end up 4th somehow. Someone when I was talking about the race brought up the Mets pitcher but didn't mention how he was doing but I guess we can say that both Syndergaard athletes are not doing so well in recent times.

1 Like

QH or thoroughbred?

1 Like

Syndergaard is a thoroughbred.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Syndergaard#

2 Likes

In regards to the Mariners I used to have them as my second favorite team next to the Blue Jays. I liked the old logo and I liked the teams from the early 80's that had crazy talent but just couldn't get it done. My favorite Mariners ever are Ken Phelps and Jay Buhner.

As for the NFL Draft ....

The Colts addressed needs but I did not like that they passed on a RB that would have been a #! RB any other year and then not taking the best pure pass rusher in the draft, Williams, when they had the chance ticked me off. Still though it should be an exciting season coming up. I don't think the D can be any worse than it was last season.

1 Like

Wolfsburg ...

I don't care if they are down to 10 men. How in the heck do you allow that many goals in soccer? They must really suck.

1 Like

LOL. Ya, they do suck now. It seems that every team I like sucks recently.

1 Like

Luiz Gustavo got sent off right before the 5th goal happened. He went crazy.

1 Like

LOL! He definitely is pissed. No wonder though as that guy dove. What was the ref looking at?!??!

1 Like

I believe he got the yellow for kicking the ball out of play. And he was already on a yellow so he got the red.... I don't remember the game all that well, as that game made me experience the signs of depression. LOL.

But he is always a little bit pissed off in games it seems. He kinda acts as if the refs are against him in every game. Which is funny to see. I love to see players getting pissed, it adds an extra layer of fun and enjoyment in games.

Uh yes ...

He clearly got the yellow for kicking the ball out of play. I am not sure how I didn't see that the first time. I will blame it on 4 hours sleep.

1 Like

A French rugby player knocked out a ref over the weekend. And he tried to knock out the opposing player wearing jersey number 2. He took being pissed to a whole new level.

Btw my favorite football/soccer moment ...

1 Like

0:46 to 1:00. Has to be the best part of the video.

This is also the first Premier League game that I saw. I only saw the final few seconds of it on the TV.

LOL! Oh how things turned so quickly. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Btw in regards to the Man City / Man U drama the video I linked does not have my favorite call. I always seem to lose my favorite one. It was the one with some guy with a thick English accent and he says something like "OMG! I can't believe what I just saw." I wish I could find it again.

1 Like