Someone cracked my Netflix account

Same thing happened to me earlier this year. I read somewhere there was a breach late last year, where several accounts were compromised and sold off to a black market list. Girlfriend was watching one of her shows then asked me why the language was changed to Italian; found my account had been registered to a french and an italian. Needless to say, that password is no longer used o.O

1 Like

What was it?

Social Engineering at work.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 Likes

:P

a little more descriptive :P

My answer would be openssl rand -base64 32

2 Likes

sad to see someone side with the hacker over this community

Keeping the forum clean from calls for unlawful activities ain't taking sides. Just because some ass breaks the law, does not mean we also should do it to get revenge.

3 Likes

1) Revenge is unlawful in most places of the world
2) Revenge only feels good, but does not help anyone
3) Eden spoke out as a moderator
4) Doing some research using IP-finders marks the IP as the one of a public WiFi spot in a caffee.

1 Like

Torrenting is illegal in some places as well but we talk about it

If you have any idea how torrents work then it should be pretty damn obvious why DDoSing an IP that you haven't verified is absolutely stupid. IP != one person. As others have said, this appears to be a public WiFi for one, and even if it wasn't, you don't know that it isn't just some dude's botnet proxy server that turns out to be some hosed unsuspecting n00b.

There's the culprit, you can never be too safe nowadays!

Torrenting is not illegal, Torrenting copyrighted content IS illegal

3 Likes

I never said ddosing a random IP is a good idea at all, just think its a bit shortsighted to say talking about anything illegal is grounds for suspension when there are tons of threads talking about illegal activity

Never said all torrents are illegal, it's pretty obvious what I was talking about

They were. There's a difference between talking about pen-testing techniques etc. and giving advice in a thread to a user on how to "hack" someone to get revenge.

One is fine, the other will get you suspended.
If you want this thread to continue to go off topic, ill just close it.

Hey now, in a forum for hacking, hackers shouldn't be getting a bad rap. If you want to specify malicious hackers, fine, but I for one will not stand to see my hacking brethren besmirched!

What if someone was scammed out of thousands of dollars, and you hack them and try to retrieve some or all of the money? Wouldn't this be helpful to the person that lost the money?

1 Like

I would not count that as revenge.
But it isn´t justice either.