Someone cracked my Netflix account

Apparently if someone steals my bag I can't punch them in the face.

If someone stole my account, I would DDoS them with little to no effort.

You have the IP you'll figure it out.

1 Like

some people take whatever it is, its not effort while keylogger is already there.

best solution is not getting 'hacked' in first place. I myself wouldn't mind him using it... i would create him a profile 'Mr. French guy' and let him watch whatever he wishes... as long as he doesn't charge you any extra. I would still find him, and email him or something. Let him know that i know.

Few times it led to beautiful friendships.

3 Likes

Why would somebody go through the trouble of hacking through 2-step auth just to watch an episode of prison break???

You sure you didn't just get drunk and forget that you watched it?

1 Like

Er, I don't think netflix has 2FA.

I'm assuming @anon5205053 means 2FA on his email.

@Calvus was your password crap?

The likelihood is this person got on your account via something else you have. If you've used the same password elsewhere, all those accounts are compromised, if he got it off your computer everything is compromised. If he got on your email before you had 2FA everything is compromised.

Anyone advocating attacking this person will be suspended from the forums. (I suggest you remove your posts those of you who are already suggesting such.)

4 Likes

OP's Netflix account got hijacked by a faguette? GG.

3 Likes

that's like an edgy dad joke. kudos

3 Likes

Password wasn't 64bit but it wasn't 'password' either.

http://www.utrace.de?query=176.139.149.76
According to Utrace, it could be a restaurant...

In that case it may be they've got it from something else, your computer, or similar. Or if it was used on other sites, one of those sites was probably compromised.

I'm running two firewalls and two anti-virus programs. grrrrrrrr

Time for a password manager I guess.

Doesn't matter. You could have let them in all sorts of ways. If the password isnt unique, its probably another site. But if it is unique, something on your end it probably compromised, in which case you need more than a password manager.

1 Like

That's a bit harsh...

No its not.

3 Likes

Agree to disagree...Not trying to be difficult, just expressing my opinion.

TS probably had the same password on some other, cracked/leaky site. That is the usual way and more common than you think, it can happen to you if you don't have unique passwords for every site. Should even have unique email adresses too, not usually a trivial thing. Keylogger/compromised home system is more unusual, but not at all unheard of. Usually people get remote access through DRM software in internet accessing applications. It is almost everywhere a crime to expose security flaws in DRM software, so the criminals/terrorists always has ways into system running such software.

I would probably go full paranoid if I was the TS, phone the sec guy at work and then offline all my private stuff.

Changed Netflix pass phrase and required all devices to log in with new one. Changed email pass phrase and confirmed 2-stage verification (in place for a year now).

Thank you to all that provided a positive contribution. If that french fucker gets in again I'll let you know.

4 Likes

3 Likes

[email protected] usually is the address to complain about malicious behavior. Any some what respectable company will have that account in place and monitor it.

1 Like