Someone cracked my Netflix account

So my Netflix account has been hacked. I logged in and the language was changed to French. I changed the language back, disconnected all devices, checked connection and viewing activity and saw a bunch of things I have not watched and this....

Date & Time Location Device
10/18/16, 3:09:04 AM GMT+1
France
176.139.149.76 Computer

I changed my password and this morning the language was set to French again and another episode of Prison Break had been viewed. Any suggestions?

I think there is a way to global log out, you can do that it should fix it. As sometimes even if you change password the Netflix acc can still be logged in

3 Likes

DDOS that IP address, he won't be watching much Netflix then.

Joking aside : If a complete logout doesn't help, get in touch with Netflix.

8 Likes

I did disconnect all devices.

Did that before coming here. XD

how about you change your password. (same goes to your email)

maybe some sort redacted

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the great advice.

email?

1 Like

It may take up to 8 hours to have all of them signed out, but If it's been that long you should contact Netflix

Crap, okay, I did not do that yet.

ensure you do not have a keylogger on your can.

easy way of cheating keyloggers is typing random letters in notepad and re-arranging them with copy/paste then copy and paste those as new passwords.

check your spam and deleted items on email - hacker might've left reset password there or forgot the password etc.

setup 2 factor auth

4 Likes

This is the most important piece of advice there.

2 Likes

I have that already, but still got hacked.

really?

check your phone number; and your phone.

I had to use a code sent to my phone to change my password last night.

somewhere there's a leak, and it could your phone too...
after all its a spying device for couple hundred bucks.

2 Likes

time to go off grid

1 Like

I'm also trying to report the IP to their provider but it is in French and I cant connect to customer service without an account.

I really doubt someone is going to that effort for free netflix.

Best solution here is to rework your security from now.

Use a password manager (I use lastpass) and change all your passwords. Use 2 factor authentication on your password manager also.

Run a malware/virus scan on anything you use to log into this stuff prior to changing your password.

1 Like