Solved

Hey everyone it’s solved

1 Like

what phone do you have? Theres a few versions of the app, but imo rather than potentially getting the wrong one and grabbing malware vs doing it all correctly with adb… the latter is better.

I have a huawei p20 what do you mean with latter is better?

I think he means that using android debug bridge utility is better then trying with king root.

I’m sorry I think you guys misunderstood my question maybe im in the wrong forum for that question but my problem is that I downloaded root a year ago I tried too root my phone and it didn’t work. today I read that king root steals your private data and because I have very personal pictures on my phone I wanted to know if the king root app can steal my pictures even without root.

Install a root checking app off the play store. If this test app cannot obtain root privilege then you’ve got nothing to worry about.

If it says rooted; that means kingoroot has rooted your phone and could have potentially done a number of things to steal your data. Best practice at this point is to go in to the phones recovery and do a full factory reset. And install any OS updates from your manufacturer if there are any to make sure you’re on the latest available Android monthly security patch.

This isn’t an android-centered forum, however I believe any solutions you find here will be more straightforward and educated than XDA or androidforums. Some of the worst advice I’ve received was from XDA. Tread carefully there.

1 Like

Unlocking and rooting with proper android tools like adb and fastboot. Huawei should have a big thing on XDA Developers for the P20. It was a biggie deal in the mobile world when it dropped.

Oh.

Yeah probably.

I installed root checker and it said my phone is not rooted are you sure that they couldn’t steal from me when it’s not rooted that would be great.

It absolutely can if you gave it permission to access your files and folder on the device. If it can access the files on the phone, then it can send them somewhere.

When I make a picture does the app send it to their servers instant?

I said that it is possible. I do not know one way or another if they are actually gathering data like that.

Okey thanks

Do you still have the app installed on your phone? Uninstall it immediately. Especially if you gave it permissions. That will remove the worry since it will not be on your system anymore.

Anything kingoroot could have done without root access is possibly read your data and modify its contents. It cannot permanently modify system files, boot images, firmware, etc since it doesn’t have root access.

If you gave kingoroot storage permissions I would still factory reset if I were you. That would 100% solve any problems caused by it.

Rooting is always a security risk. If you have data you don’t want seen, a phone is a bad place for it.

Not entirely true. The way Android has designed root access; yes it is a security risk to just enable it system-wide.

However, to combat this security risk a lot of work has gone in to open source root managers, getting Android to function much more like a proper Linux distro.

Magisk is the major one I recommend for proper, secure root management. I consider it a Swiss army knife for Android mods; it comes with phh’s open source superuser manager built-in and features a repository full of at least a thousand or more mods that utilize the boot partition and root access to change the function of Android.

For example:
I run a bare-bones lineage OS ROM on my OnePlus one and never bothered to integrate Google nor it’s proprietary play store. Instead, I’ve used magisk to inject this project called Micro G; an open source re-implementation of Google play services with all the proprietary nastiness taken out and identifying bits of information removed. This way I can still use YouTube AND Google maps, however I have the benefit now to use my own open-source location providers and address-lookup backends like Mozilla, OpenBMap and nominatim. Very powerful and secure if done right.

If you’re on an open source android ROM like LineageOS with the latest security patches, then full storage encryption would indeed be very effective at creating an ideal, secure environment for data on a mobile device.

However with all of this in mind, the firmware on 99% of mobile devices is still proprietary. The best practice if you have no choice is to go with a snapdragon device, simply because they’re based in the United States. If there are any backdoors placed in that proprietary firmware, they would likely be from the U.S. government or snapdragon themselves, rather than the Chinese government with a Huawei phone for example.

I Uninstalled it already I just hope they Don, t
Have stolen my photos I don’t want to see that shit in the internet do you guys think I concern too much?

I’m very frightened that they ruin my life when they post these photos online.

Root access is a security risk always. I don’t care what you have to tell yourself to justify it. It’s a straight compromise of security.

1 Like

From your perspective, yes it is.

Justify it? Really? Are you trying to turn this in to a debate? I am not arguing. I am providing information.

Root access itself is not a security risk. I am sorry to say this but that is a very narrow-minded statement. Root access gives control over the machine. There are plenty of ways to get access to root securely and you are dismissing them.

Explain all the Linux distributions? They all provide root access securely. Android is no different. Period.

I’m sorry that I ask again.
Do you guys think I concern too much because I can’t think clear since 2 days☹️