[Solved] Should I buy GTA 5?

I’ve been wanting GTA 5 for a while and I’m considering buying it during the sale. However I have seen that many people have been getting banned for no reason and I’d rather not put $20 into something I can’t play. Do you know what causes the bans and should I buy it?

I suppose it depends on what you’re going to do with it. If you’re just going to get it to play the story/base game, its not a bad buy at 20 bucks. If you’re getting it for online play/modding then it might be lighting that jackbill on fire potentially.

2 Likes

My main purpose of playing would be online play, but chances are I won’t use mods.

I dont play online but it appears to be because hackers just give people money and the system just auto bans them.

for $20 its not a bad deal. Single player alone might be worth it for that much

2 Likes

If you want to legitimately enjoy the online experience you have to grind like crazy to get money to buy very expensive content that has been added over time.

At this point you will be tempted to just buy shark cards but you still will have to spend countless hours playing to get to certain levels to unlock certain things.

Unless you have friends playing online or are prepared to wade through the sea of potentially nefarious crews out there, I would steer clear of GTA V.

It was fun before they (Rockstar) nerfed the shit out of payouts for legitimately playing the game, which only increased the incentive for PC players to want to hack in ways to get the in game currency.

Its sad what happened to GTA V’s online really, but it can still be fun if you have people to help you level up and get some spending money.

5 Likes

No. Buy better games.

1 Like

It’s a dice roll. But what game on PC isn’t when dealing with online play? >__<

1 Like

It’s an okay game overall. I think k had more fun playing 4 when it came out though.

My biggest problem with it is Rockstar is milking it like a cash cow and it’s made online less and less immersive over the years. It was at it’s prime when it first came out. Now I get a call every minute asking me to buy some junk for the equivalent of what the gwme costs! Had I known that, I would’ve eaver my money last June when I bought it for PC.

It’s fun overall but it wears off. And I’ve tried playing the stories in GTA games but I could never get into them.

Now, before I rebought it I’d had upwards of 800 hours invested into it back when I got it the Christmas of the year it launched. But I also had friends to play with back then lol.

If you’re going to be playing by yourself (whether it be online or in story mode) then as unrealistic and weird as it is I think you’d enjoy Saints Row IV more.

Edit: hate to say it but if you do own a console and haven’t played it yet, Red Dead Redemption is the golden Jewel of Rockstars games. LA Noire for PC is also worth checking out. It’s really great.

I actually played both on ps3… Back when I actually used it. Lol

2 Likes

Well when/if I get it I will buy a red shark card ($100,000) with the $3 I have left over on steam. Also I’ve heard that heists are the best way to get money. Is that true?

To do heists you’re going to need a $400k (might’ve been 200k) apartment. Doesn’t sound like much but getting there can take awhile. Especially when you have people leaving matches Midway through while you’re trying to make money (happens to me surprisingly a lot). Do the dispatch missions until you can get a high end apartment. I made the mistake of buying a house for almost the cost of a high end apartment and regretted it later…

Ok. Good to know. I think I’m gonna pull the trigger and buy it. Besides if I don’t like it within 2 hours of playing I can get a refund.
Edit: I looked it up and it’s a $200,000 apartment luckily.

1 Like

everything is priced to make you want to buy shark cards

the good times ended years ago

no, BAD!

3 Likes

Is it worth it, yes
do you buy a shark card, NO
do you hack in money, up to you but do your research :wink:
best modes? Heists and online races
Most annoying thing about the game? hackers, and having to download the custom races and gamemodes seperately from their website instead of having an in game custom browser.

I wouldn’t buy it for online play.

Never managed to find a group of people to do heists with that don’t rage quit after a single failure due to a simple mistake.

$20 for the base game play is fine though. Best GTA game yet imho

Sorry, I should have been more clear. By online I mean private games with friends.

Well if your friends are playing regularly then it probably is worth something.

3 Likes

You wont make money that way if you ever plan on doing any organizational work (CEO, gunnrunning, car running etc), it has to be in public freeroam environment
only heists, races, and adversary modes are out of freemode

1 Like

Which to me makes the online pointless because it’s impossible to get things done without hackers, trolls, and rage quitters.

you disconnect your internet for 10 seconds, reconnect, get empty session

I spent 15 hours of a saturday once in an empty session filling an entire warehouse with crates, one at a time because then the crates are cheapest

made 400k profit
PATHETIC