[Solved] Should I buy GTA 5?

Huh. … There are actual goals in GTA?
I always played it more as a kind of terrorist sim. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disclaimer: Never played GTAV, only III and IV.

2 Likes

For me, the single player campaign is what you would expect from a GTA game, I quite enjoyed it.

Just my opinion, the online portion, mostly due to rampant cheaters, is a complete dumpster fire. YMMV.

1 Like

GTA V is what you expect for a GTA game. However I feel story wise and end game wise it is the weaker of the HD universe.

Without spoilers there won’t and never will be story mode DLC.

Los Santos is a mess online. You’ve got APCs, tanks and very powerful vehicles everywhere. The players will kill you with no regard. Be prepared to grind that character for money and XP. The level increases creep by slowly.

I enjoy it… Sometimes.

I do really enjoy it, it is a very fun game both on and offline. The wealth of things to do is staggering, intimidating even. So you have stuff to do for a very long time.

The downside is for the online is that you need friends or reliable other people. Soloing the online is such an insane grind that you get annoyed and burnt out. Certainly doable, it is how I play most of the time but I take months of breaks.

Everything just costs so much which is where your fears of bannings come in. It gets to the point where the quest for cash drags on so hard that shopping bags of green paper start to look very tempting.

Single player you can rig the stock markets and make infinite money but the content is not there to keep you around, it is all online.

You will go through that $100,000 (GTA currency) so fast its not even funny. Its sad.

Everything costs an arm and a leg. Once you level up to the point where you’ve got the ability to buy more pricey items, a top tier shark (8million I think) card will only buy you a few things.

Do what you want, but I would have to say that making things as expensive as they are was specifically to steer people towards buying shark cards instead of playing the game.

Its Pay To Enjoy (an insidious version of Pay To Win)

So whether you want to vote for that with your wallet is your choice.

I grinded through the Xbox 360 days, x-fer to Xbone, and after a ton of time playing im only Lvl ~250 something and haven’t wanted to play since they keep adding more and more expensive stuff.

Legitimately earning cash in game is hard and the most viable ways are Heists, CEO stuff (which requires cooperation of others), but even that I’m not so sure because all my friends that used to play don’t play it anymore and so my viable grind is no longer viable.

If you get it, best of luck and I hope you enjoy what you find. I’m a bit pessimistic about it all at this point. Rockstar really pissed in my cereal with the way they did the DLC.

1 Like

Just do it in GTA fashion and steal it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bought it during the steam sale and I have yet to try it lol!

Well I got it and I’m very happy. I got an ~80k apartment and I’m having a lot of fun with my friends.

3 Likes

Wont be able to go online plus integrated Rockstar Social Club.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your purchase :smiley: