So I'm Locked Out of My Own Hotel Room

The Dutch caravan? I prefer the Dutch oven.

1 Like

*sigh

Well whatever floats your boat with goat

1 Like

Haha yes i am.

1 Like

We should be taking back control now and not waiting for the AI overlords to takeover but oh what weak people we have in this world. We definitely sheeple in North America that I know.

1 Like

Or buy a case of batteries, a trench coat with big pockets and hang out in the lobby.

"Psssht... Hey buddy. You locked out of your room because your key batteries are dead?"

1 Like

You would think someone would have discovered this flaw earlier on in the design phase...
Just goes to show you how poorly a lot of these systems are thought out.

1 Like

The design is technically fine, because I believe the connector on the PCB should be able to supply the power needed, along with the correct signal to open the door.

Now that I think about it, something had to be messed up with the mechanical parts inside the lock. We heard a whining noise on the lock shortly before the incident, and that probably had something to do with it. Possibly a shorted out component, or a mechanical jam that the actuator couldn't overcome. I wish I could have taken it apart.

2 Likes

Idk, just knowing they have to crowbar the damn thing open again is good enough for me.

While crowbars are great, I'm partial to this bad boy:

What a bunch of imbeciles operating off of yetseryear's tech

1 Like

hope you made your concert and had a great time op!

1 Like

Thanks! Other than the hotel, I had a fantastic time.

1 Like