So GTA V for PC is delayed...Again. Thoughts?

Never pre-order!

I'm annoyed, because damn, Rockstar, but if the game releases with minimal bugs, I'm happy.

3rd time's the charm, right?

This is my exact thought process. The game has already been out over a year, so what's the point of even buying it for the pc when most of us have played it/completed the game on the console?

Respect the pc! Respect it!

I think they are just ironing out the bugs, so that the game doesn't cry for a patch on the day of release...

Erm, that's not my thought process at all. I haven't played GTA V and I'm still 100% spoiler free. I really want to play it, and I'll play it on PC (if the port is any good), but the difference between "I've waited 15 months" and "I had to wait 18 months" is simply irrelevant at this point.

SPOILER Snape kills Dumbledore.

New Features, Better Graphics, Better Framerate, 64 Player Multiplayer, No Xbox Live Rubbish (can't join session, can't join party, disconnected from live, random update mid session - Complete BS)

In summary because Xbox 360 and Xbox Live both suck.

Funny, i actually installed GTA IV last night and after an hour of fiddling it still doesn't run and i haven't even installed mods yet.
I don't expect GTA V to be any better in this regard, however i am not expecting to buy the game at release nor am i planning to pay full price for the same reason. It's a shame really and the trend that ports often are absolutely terrible just makes me sad.

It better be worth it.

I think you have to download the Games for Windows Live Client from Microsoft's website to get it working.

That is exactly right. I did that already last night and the game does start after the install, however my graphic settings a locked and i tried the most common fixes without success. 800x600 just aint me ;D

Edit. Sorry i didn't meant to high jack this thread.

I will eat a bag of hay if the PC version is smooth at launch.

1 Like

I had that problem with my 980, but fixed it within 5 minutes. Ill have to find my commandline.txt file and upload it for you.

I think it is for the best but I guess we shall wait and see. I want to see a clean and optimized port on the PC.

I wouldn't hold my breath...

1 Like