Skyrim special edition

How many PCs are in existence...

Do you realize, I got my PC Skyrim for free, and a PS4 dude will have to pay for it? They don't care about me... PS4 dude is a bit more important...

Touché

1 Like
4 Likes

Special Edition is so aesthetic

1 Like

Running at 75hz since 60hz gave me some graphical issues will see if it goes crazy.

And here I thought it was just me. Why worry about compression so much? the game isn't even 10gb

Also, it's nice that fog is fixed... used to be a PITA to mod it to look real.

i bought the game to mod it. spent maybe 10 minutes total playing it without mods to get test various bugs and get to specific points before installing a mod. have around 1k hours on modded skyrim. i dont love basic unmodded skyrim, i love MY skyrim. skyrim is a game but skyrim is also an engine to create your own personalized game.

1 Like

Making the most of my playthrough.

It appears that other than lighting and changing support to 64 bit all they did was add in-game mod support... no wonder it's free on PC. I can't complain too much because again, it was free. But still. was hoping for a little more.

3 Likes

Literally only that.

Ehhhh, whatever, some good old fashioned god mode will make everything fun

1 Like

The physics are still bound to your FPS right? Because in the original (as well as in fallout 4), that was the case and 120 FPS made the game 2x as fast

something like that, usually you get issues after 60, i was just getting some issues so i bumped it up will check it out later

How is this different from the Legendary Edition?

its running the fo4 engine, lighting is better
weather seems improved, textures still look like ass

I'm excited to see what the new engine can do for modding but it's going to be a loooonnnng time before we see a thriving mod community.

1 Like

I have watched some twitch streams at 'source' quality settings, even there you can tell there is a metallic quality and the compressed audio range is lower it sounds 'crispy'. Apparently you can just copy pasta the original .WAV audio into the folder though.

Even my deaf ass could tell the difference.

@SoulFallen wouldn't this be relatively easy to fix by just pulling the audio files out of the OG skyrim, and replacing the shitty files in the new skyrim?

Also, does the 64 bit make that much of a difference? Does it allow for modders to do more than they did on OG skyim? (like, more complex shit)

the vram cap was a little over 3gb and now it's many many millions of gb so you can utilize the full 4 or 6 or 8 gb of newer cards for complex enbs, textures, and such without the major major frame hit and not crash the game.

yeah @ 4k you acn see in my screen shot im using 3839 mb of vram