Skyrim special edition

I am making a tiny little video, comparing the special edition at 30fps and the old one at 60... Basically, if there are no god rays, i will not notice the difference.
Runs fine... Between 20 and 40 on ultra with godrays at low... But meh... Visually meh...
It's not worth it. For the console guys - yes... Play it as much as you like. If you don't have a potato of a PC, play it on your console. For the PC guyz - you must be crazy to sacrifice that much performance for nothing, especially having all those mods currently unavailable to the new version.

I've played it a bit and it looks noticeably better, but I feel like some stuff is kinda blurry too. I don't know if this is to help reduce rough edges or what, but to me it just makes everything look fuzzy.

Personally, I'm going to just run the original with mods. I started the Special Edition, but I don't want to get too far and decide it's not for me. I already know I can make the original look better with mods.

I feel like the Special Edition is more of a thing for console players, or even PC gamers who just wanna play and not worry about mods. That's why it was free for PC if you already owned Skyrim + expansions; they knew PC gamers who already owned it probably weren't going to pay for it if they charged anything. Console gamers, on the other hand, didn't already have Skyrim for the current console generation.

Don't mind the audio... I am ill...

sure it's not as great as modded skyrim, yet.
however 64 bit + hopefully unlimited vram + more stable engine and given time for modders to port the old stuff, it could be better. bethesda probably fucked up the textures like in the original and fallout so a patch to make the game less demanding while looking better will come out eventually sometime after skse and cbbe/unp but before the complete overhauls.
modding fallout 4 compared to original skyrim is a walk in the park. the higher resolution textures in fallout are magically less demanding on the system and with a more stable fps unlike skyrims "60 in the snow 10 in the city". adding 100+ mods to fallout had maybe half a dozen issues easily solved in 5 minutes while skyrim took months to perfect.
give the modders a year.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but I'd be really happy if the makers of the Enderal conversion mod updated it with the 64 bit version of Skyrim engine. Though I could understand if this would be too much work.

1 Like

Guys theres already 10 pages of mods on the nexus, and I put about 15 onto my game. Runs just fine, 60 fps @ 1080p, windowed borderless, with am AMD 390 and i5 4690k with 16 GB of RAM. Played it and most of the mods I use; like frostfall, have already been ported.

I think the game looks much better than the original but not as good as my modded skyrim. Whats very exciting though is 64 bit support, as pointed out by many others. No more damn memory patch!

2 Likes

Am I the only one who can't get the game to run in actual Fullscreen instead of borderless without modding a .ini file?

Ontop of that, I can't find a way to turn Vsync on.

Before you all burn me for wanting Vsync, I have 60hz monitors and without Vsync I get horrendous amounts of screen tear. I haven't seen screen tearing this bad in any other game I've played.

What the actual fuck.

(I wonder if this has something to do with Geforce Experience just randomly uninstalling itself when I attempted to update my drivers last night....)

I had to mode my ini files too. The again I'm playing at 3440x1440 and Bethesda seems to hate those ultra wide monitors for their rpg games.

1 Like

I would try and set my resolution to 5760x1080 for my triple monitor surround, but the Bethesda HUD is fucking horrific without Sky UI and either WSF or FWS utilities.

It works after modding ini

But widescreen fixer still needs an update because UI still stretches in the classic Bethesda style

2 Likes

Going to load it soon, will report back with crossfire findings.

1 Like

0voters

You know why I am not a big fan of mods in general?
Because at the end you are not playing the game, you started to mod...
Oh I love Skyrim, it's so good, now let's change it and play some completely different game...

I see no problem with that I have completed the main game and factions so why not?

It is fun to tinker.

"Instead of fixing ESO or working on the 6th ES game, we went on the mod nexus, stole some EnB's, edited the code so we could say we did it, and now we want 60 dollars! Look! We even compare PS4 to PS3! Instead of using OpenGL and having a stable mod system in the game because we don't use all of the ram on retarded EnB's we're using DirectX 11 so that there will be about 1 GB free! And most of that will be level cache!"

1 Like

Finished downloading, Currently no crossfire support in the latest drivers (0 issue in vanilla but would really like it for mods) maybe it just needs a driver update as the latest driver doesn't have anything in the notes about the Skyrim special edition.

1 Like

http://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-special-editions-audio-is-noticeably-worse-than-the-original/

Skyrim Special Edition may feature improved visuals, but sharp-eared players have been noticing a significant drop in audio fidelity. Redditor LasurArkinshade posted an explanation
as to why the audio in the Special Edition sounds less crisp than the
original Skyrim, and it's apparently due to how Bethesda has handled it
sound assets:"The vanilla game has sound assets (other than music and voiceover) in uncompressed .wav format," the post states. "The Special Edition has the sound assets all in (very aggressively compressed) .xwm format,

Console audio & No SLI support. Guess you will have to buy the audio hd-upgrade pack :p

Ah Bethseda what happened to you.

compressed audio

Boooo

Consolitis strikes again

It is made for the console guys, you know... The current gen already have like 30 million consoles sold, and the switch isn't out yet. It's made with the consoles in mind...