Single Large Work Monitor Recomendations

I want one of these so bad; I’ve been there with bad cables

1 Like

Oh that’s true

The wake from sleep is probably the biggest turnoff for me. If LG just took their CX panel and made it into a monitor, I probably would have hopped on it

I too need lots of realestate for code/software development, using dual 4k 32" at the moment… when not undocked working from sofa. (they’re old z32x HP)

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah, that is so bad that it is comical. Luckily it only screws up once or twice a week, so it is not difficult to get accustomed to. I turn off the TV when I leave the room, and just let it do its thing the rest of the time. When it does screw up, I shrug off as “good enough”. Everything else about the set is excellent.

(All it takes to reset from a sleep-to-wake screwup is to cycle the TV using the remote).

LG CX is OLED, so I would avoid that.

The Sony X90J is half the price of the LG CX, is terrific for text when set to Graphics mode, has excellent HDR (with full-array local dimming), runs at 120Hz, and has 10.7 ms response time. So it is a good monitor for work, gaming, and watching videos.

Here is a review:

1 Like

I just realized we have the same case

1 Like

nice! It’s a great case imo. definitely my favorite from all the cases I have used to date.

Here’s a look at what’s inside mine if you are curious.

2 Likes

I was in in between the LG and Dell. Ultimately I decided to go with the Dell U4320Q, as I had good experiences with their 24-25 inch monitors. Furthermore, I read somewhere the LG would sag to a side on a vesa arm.
The resolution and size are perfect. The height is the same as 3 vertical 27 inch monitors lined up together. I don’t have to deal with the issues with window resizing or bezels. I use gridmove to tile my windows with the xipergrid1, it took me about a work day or two to get used to the grid.
https://www.dcmembers.com/jgpaiva/
The minor pain is that browsers don’t play nicely, but it works for everything else.
I am able to have a tall Jupyter Notebook open on a third of the screen developer documentation/medium open on another third, and notes/spreadsheets in a sixth. I use my laptop display for teams and video calls.

This is still very true

The arm works, but is a little wobbly. The monitor does not shake while typing and when my desk moves up and down. I think for my next purchase, I will buy a better arm.

USB C is very handy. I am able to plug in 1 cable and have that handle data, display, and sound.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.