Sharing folders/drives between popos computers

WIll do.

192.168.xx.xxx:/mnt/plexmedia /mnt/plexclient nfs defaults 0 0

That is what I did and it works.

2 Likes

Word of advice,

If you cannot guarantee that the machine that host the NFS share is online, you may need to add the option noauto so that the machine looking for the NFS share does not freak out at boot looking for a network share that is not there.

2 Likes

I actually haven’t had it freak out too bad when the share wasn’t there, but I’ll add this option to my setup.

I forgot to mention that the caveat is that you will need to manually mount the directory with mount <mount point listed in fstab> since mount -a ignores any entry with option noauto

**Edit
I first ran into this using the radxa quad sata hat for raspberry pi. The order that the driver and hat load happens after NFS and even trying to change start order/depenencies using systemd did not fix this, so the pi would freak out and panic due to not finding the share during checkfs.service start up.

I have also had this happen at my current job with one of our problematic NFS servers and this fixes the issue as well.

How about using nofail instead?

[might be better link]

1 Like

Good suggestion, I did not know that that worked on non local file systems.

I will try it when I get home.

I don’t know, I have only ever added a samba share to fstab,

Looks like it does start a 90 sec countdown, then boots if mount unavailable. No auto will boot all the way without delay, and I guess crib can mount it later on. Would boot quicker with no auto, if it is not present?

Yeah, noauto does not look for it at all. It basically ignores it. Caveat is that you would need to manually mount it.

I will give it a try when I get off of work and report back.

1 Like

nofail seems to work for NFS shares too. Thanks @Trooper_ish!

1 Like

Well, it looks like it will pause the boot for 90 secs if the share is not available, but I say that is better than just failing to boot at all…

Yeah, i can live with that.

1 Like