Share your CPU-Z Benchmark Scores (v1.75 or later)

not really. You ran it at a higher clock speed. Also I have a hexa core not an 8.

Drop it to 4.3 and I bet it will come really close to mine

True though my understanding was the extreme CPUs had beefier cores

It should be the same architecture as the consumer named counterparts, but just on the X79 or X99 chipset no?

No? exact archetexture as the normal i5/i7s in the haswell family. just you get a beefier mem controller for quad channel and more PCIe lanes among other things like MORE cores and cache. (and chipcet) Not really any stronger cores. Same lithography

3 Likes

and just finished my 8300 OC, probably going to end up making a short video on it, under $200 for this is pretty solid I'd say, also scored 700 in cb, just over the i7 3770

2 Likes

A pair of 2010 era Xeon X5677's (8 c/16t 3.46GHz stock & max turb 3.73GHz) compares resoanbly well with a modern 8 core i7 at stock speeds.

2 Likes

Not possible

Just your multi threaded score is low

I wondeer if the Windows power saving settings can affect this (simple) test? It is such that the CPU will likely change clock speeds whilst the test is running several times which could lead to a slightly lower score.

Looking at @TheBlackestSheep CPU info you can see that core speeds are low so Windows must be on a balanced or power-saving state.

I know, I call shenanigans

Something is definitely wrong with your rig lol. Same one as Lan Syndicate right?

no, this is main rig with 4790k at 4.8Ghz @1.35 volts with H105 AIO

never gets over 70C

Hmm, First point of call I would do is set the minimum multiplier to the max and then lock the bclk as some mobo's have bclk's that underclock when not needed. Then test. Might be a turbo boost thing where its not maxing all cores all the time

maybe, I have all the settings set to auto right now because I got lazy and did not want to do everything I did a while ago,

I'll play with it later (at work)

1 Like

Probably. My silicon certainly isn't bad, but an 8350 should be able to top it.

I also raised the bar a bit to keep up with some of these i7s on the multi-core.

2 Likes

Ballin

No worries. I was just wondering if the power plan would affect a simple benchmarking test like this one. I'll check for myself later on. Completely with you on gaming CPU requirements, a stock I5 is usually more than enough.

Shit, your on water and STILL hot 70'??

1.35 volts man...
and thats under 100% synthetic load, normal gets in 50's while gaming, idles at room temperature

And that is precisely why I chose Overkill
Ain't no kill like an overkill.
Radiators all over the place
3x 360

5 Likes