Saving GPU with dead display outputs (RX 480)

Do you have an nvidia card, you can use my Tesla method just change the values so that the amd card is the high performance, or use beta builds of windows 11 which let you pick which GPU you want to render, which still needs a Nvidia gpu

Oh, it’s more fucked now. BSODs, hard locks, and code 43s now.

After deductive speculation, I’d say maybe the primary purpose of the oscillator is a real time clock to validate target frequencies, which could include display out. If it’s been degrading, that would explain outputs failing, then as it get’s worse, maybe the GPU thinks it’s running way too fast or too slow and fails from that. Shot in the dark speculation though.
EDIT: or the harder failure is PCIe timing/frequency.

Hypothetically, if I got a Tesla and wanted the output to go through my HD6770. Should be “fine”? If I even had 2 working cards to test that before buying, I’d just go through the steps before hand.

It’s typically better to use igpu or a Nvidia card since opengl apps like Minecraft will still render on the host card

But if you get your 480 “working” you can get like a gt 740 and back Optimus and use the 480 as the high performance card

For teslas you need a board with above 4g decoding and x99 or newer

I have a Ryzen 1700X and the BIOS has the above 4G decoding option. I don’t think the 480 is going to happen anymore.

This is one I’d recommend, if it doesn’t work out for you can always sell it for a decent price, this takes a CPU eps 8pin, please do not use a PCI-e connector

This is my thread

That’s the model I was looking at, except the one with the ordinary bracket. Thanks, I’ll check that thread.

Just remembered my dead R9 390. It has a 27MHz clock I can swap for the hell of it… tomorrow though.

Failed. Calling it a lost cause now.