Ryzen 3000 & Navi Megathread | Level One Techs

Yeah, no need for that. PCIe 4.0 would have been nice for future NVMe Drives or such, but certainly not needed.

I guess both will be a huge upgrade over my i5 6500, so it’s probably Ryzen plus some B Series MB and i’ll see how the 2133 RAM works out.

Just checked… even the X370 taichi has been updated for Ryzen 3000 support. So… if you had to go cheap you could even drop down to an x370 (or maybe even B350) board plus the cheapest grottiest AM4 Athlon you can find in order to flash the bios and then run a ryzen 3000 in it…

1 Like

Sticking a 3900X on a cheapo B350 mb
next will be an A320

You can fast fwd to 12 min mark to get past the boring bios update.
No re-install of Win10 either, no Precision OC support
MC has a few 50 dollar off deals on CPU/MB combos
Anyone know what the cheapest bottem barrel trash Motherboard that supports precision OC?
1 Like

The Radeon 5700 and RTX2060 Super are two very interesting mid range competitors.
Depending on the price differences and games you play,
those are two very interesting cards to look at.
The 5700XT is also a pretty nice card at $400,-, but the 5700 might be a better bang for buck card.
Depending on the price i’m pretty interested in the Radeon 5700.
I also think that Radeon cards generally age better.

1 Like

especially if you want to encode multiple h264 streams at the same time.

It may be good value, but it’s potential is gimped by a artificial clock limit. Gone are the days when you can flash a 480 to a 580, because secure boot has now prevented pretty much all VBIOS modding.

1 Like

Have 290x and Ryzen 2600 [email protected]. Is it worth upgrading both, or just GPU?

I’d suggest making a new thread about your specific situation. You’ll get more and better responses that way.

1 Like

I did some investigation and it’s confirmed write performance isn’t great, but don’t forget half the lg frame fits in cache. This will have to be tested.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2fbAzFiUE ? :smiley:

3 Likes

THe hype level I experienced was over 9000…

I thought there was going to be a head to head of the 5700 vs the 2080Ti in stream encoding…

I like how you just firstly state that it runs so now I can just relax and watch rest of the vid :sparkles:

that is actually true w/OBS encodijng via graphics.

This video was about software encode. You want this video:

1 Like

This is sort of related

I’m honestly surprised that the anti lag has not crashed and because of that I’m a bit suspicious if its even working :grimacing:

Been playing Gwent, Total War Warhammer 2, and Warframe with anti lag on

5700 showed up for 405 euros…
5700X is almost 465…

3600 - 220 euros
3600X - 270 euros…

1 Like

340 euros in the states.

https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-rx-57xl8mfg6/p/N82E16814150822?item=N82E16814150822&ignorebbr=true&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-mobile--pla--video+cards±+amd%2Fati-_-N82E16814150822&gclid=CjwKCAjw04vpBRB3EiwA0IieamdTRnikMFVz_smkCsQZ57MOOgcqGnSR3UtbEzU8l9ACJjI7NhmgCRoChzwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit: darn Newegg link. But they say that they ship internationally

The thing is, I found it in one store…
Once the other stores push it, it will drop a bit, but I don’t expect it to go much cheaper…

For perspective, the cheapest 2070 is 508 euros and it’s slower than 5700XT… Supers are nowhere to be seen on the local market. 2060 goes below 400 euros though…

2 Likes

So Anandtech is rerunning all their benchmarks.

A BIOS update completely changed their boosting behavior. Blue line is the clocks with the original Bios they used in their first review. Orange is with one that released late yesterday

5 Likes

this is like dropping a v8 in a go kart

Have you seen my posts in the L1 garage? That’s exactly my style.

2 Likes

I figured it wasnt long until fixes started to roll out as issues are found.

2 Likes