Rosewill RSV-L4600U - New Case?

Case is made of steel, 1mm steel i think, it is very sturdy. Side bar can be moveed if u drill new holes, thats my plan.
I will use this case for a plex server, so dont really care about hotswap or even the bays with rails. Actually bought two since im planning to use the second as a storage to prob install additional 24 sas drives.
I watched some videos for the L4500U on youtube and i was a little disappointed when i got the L4600U, but still i will keep them since they were cheap, i think they were $145 from newegg with shipping and taxes.

I think this case was first available on october 20ish 2023 so thats problably why there is no info on the web.

Front door panel in photos on NewEgg is misleading giving hope, case is similar to L4500/4000 with lockable door. If they replace that one photo with actual one, buyers at-least know they are different cases.

As you said, for $125, it is a good value for sure for a fixed panel front.

1 Like

Any chance of being able to install 120mm fans in front of the drives?

They make slim fans so highly likely

15mm

Does not look big enough for 25mm

Agreed that it doesn’t look big enough for 25mm 120’s. I ordered one and it should be here Wednesday. I’ll report back when it arrives!

I can vouch for Rosewill chassis too(Exploring NAS build and testing). Very flexible, affordable and customizable for the cost. Definitely would recommend swapping out the stock fans for a better quality that moves a high volume like Noctua.

Mine arrived this afternoon. Here are a couple quick observations so far.

It can fit 25mm depth 120mm fans in front of the hard drives but not by default. The drive cages have a second set of stand offs that if you use allow for 25mm depth 120mm fans to fit. Using that second set of stand offs allows for 3-5mm distance between the front fans and the hard drives (not the hard drive cage as the HDD extends past both ends of the cages. In this second position it leaves about 15mm between the end of the HDD and the front of the middle fan array.

90deg sata/sas connectors will work great for the top 4 drives in each cage, but the bottom drive in each will require a straight connector.

You can leave the face plate on while removing the front fan mounting plate but it’s easier if you take the front face plate (12 screws, 4 on each side and 4 underneath) as it will be easier to get the filter back into place before reattaching the front fan plate to the front face plate.

All in all, well worth it for $96 shipped plus tax.

2 Likes

Anyone figure out where the 5 2.5” drives go?

**** Edit ****
Figured it out.
2 (1 each side) on the sidewall of the mother board zone.
3 (1 on top of each drive cage)

Just to compare, in L4000U, horizontal bar is not an issue for MB with cooler. I was worried about removing it to accommodate my Arctic 4U-M cooler but all went fine in my build which I just finished an hour ago. Seems like in 4000U, horizontal bar is positioned slightly towards front of the case compared to 4600.

Here are few pics of L4000U to compare both models and clearances of horizontal bar.

2 Likes

Where in the world did you get it for $96??

There was a 30% off coupon in the Newegg store in the TikTok app. Which brought it to $96 shipped plus tax.

There’s currently a 30% off (max $20) coupon that would make it $116.99 w/ free shipping plus tax in the same Newegg shop in the TikTok app.

So weird

Interesting. Saving $20 is better than nothing; thanks!

1 Like

EDIT: Yes, you just have to push on the strips.

Just bought this case. How do you get the metal strips covering the PCIe slots out, do you just have to push until they pop out?

The similarities to the L4500 continue. In my research for rack mount rails, the consensus was that the Rosewill rails are subpar.

I found a thread talking about the iStarUSA TC-Rail-26 rails. But those are adjustable 28"-39" rack depth and I’m running a 24" deep rack, so I tried out the iStarUSA TC-RAIL-20 (adjustable 22"-31") and I can confirm they fit/work perfectly (and I’d assume that the TC-RAIL-26 would work too).

$31 from B&H - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/834847-REG/iStarUSA_TC_RAIL_20_Sliding_Rail_Kit_20.html

One item to note: The rails mount to the case near the bottom of the side and not in the middle of the side like the L4500.

I found that after moving the drive cages to second set of mount points, the drive cages are now 12mm closer to the middle fan wall.

There is a second mount points for the middle fan wall, 4 screws on each side (2 top, 2 bottom) & 2 on the bottom. Which allows for the middle fan wall to be moved 12mm closer to the rear of the case.

Anyone have any news on when the RSV-L4600U will be available again? Seems like a perfect rack case for the price. I just got a rack off FB marketplace 42u APC, and can’t wait to fill it. Going to convert 3 towers into these I hope.

seems to be available on newegg right now. https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rsv-l4600u-black/p/N82E16811147355

That link just says request a quote, it’s not available. Thanks though for checking. I did just get an open box from a seller off Amazon, but I need 3 more.