Rockstar banning you for modding GTAV

IDK if those are real or not, but looking at I can see PC reference didn't start to very far in development, and then many of the issues aren't fixed for a long time. Anyway its an actual thing, they were not even sure they were going to make a PC version.

There is a quote in there from the company saying they are 'considering' a pc version. And that was a long time after console release, when there had been no mention of a PC version, and therefore no ETA. It was only after the massive pettition that they were forced too, I mean they have shareholders, and if they didn't their would have been management changes by the shareholders.

FYI EA makes about the same amount or more on PCs than all the consoles combined, the PC market is far larger than the console market, first you say it 'wasn't an afterthought', then you say 'they focused on consoles because..'. The truth as I keep trying to convey to you, is that rockstar only made a PC version because of pressure from that pettition.. They had to because shareholders would have replaced all the management if they choose not to pursue this massive market....

You know what, I'm done arguing obviously the sources I posted aren't good enough for you. You make a ton of assumptions on game development and have a nasty sour outlook the company and games that eventually make it to the PC after the console. The link you posted is kind of out of context a bit. In the full quote

45 Million copies sold before March 2015 on console. 2 million copies on PC sold as of May 1st, so yeah still way more starting off on consoles.

"Everything else is up for consideration, Houser said. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are notā€¦ we are a third-party publisher."

IE he can say whatever he wants, and I bet as all developers do, they like to keep it things under wraps and stir the hype machine.

That's my assumption. Rockstar likes to be sneaky and not tell anybody. The game it self runs solid on PC in my opinion on multiple setups. They worked really hard on it, and you can see it from the graphic changes, to frame rate optimization, and how well it handles multi-threading.

Assassins Creed is a port, GTA IV is a port, Saints Row could technically be considered as a port, but just runs well in general.

Ok done now.

Well if you want to have that sort of attitude that is your decission, but I posted an article which referenced that there was a stage quiet late in development during which there was an admission by the publisher that they were not sure whether they would or would not make a PC version. This was not a secret, I don't know what rock you have been hiding underneath, Infact there was even a petition which had over 700K signatures.

Which makes the PC Version an after thought as I originally stated. You can talk about your feelings all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they only commited to making a PC version after 700K people signed a pettition, and probably then only under pressure from their board and shareholders....

You are making the assumption that change.org petitions make a difference when it comes to getting games over. This is from I think the same interview, but in here IGN also makes reference to the bug log I posted. I'm not emotional over this. My problem is you continue to make assumptions about development time or the decision making process of when a title is brought to PC after the console version is released.

I'm asking you to provide me straight quoted evidence that once they saw that petition changed their minds at Rockstar or the Execs at Take Two. Show me that, heck show me the stock numbers in comparison the rising numbers in the petition. to the share holders are not also beholden to what goes on at the company, that would be a conflict of interest.

Maybe I will put it another way. Take Two and its shareholders probably don't give two shits about a change.org petition, and they shouldn't. Maybe over human rights, but not fucking game development. According to each article I find they have been working on the PC version since the beginning and improving it. Nothing has been quoted as the 700k petition meaning anything to them. Find me that.

1 Like

What's gonna happen is what everyone pretty much said: people are gonna pirate a cracked version of the game and mod the hell out of it. Then Rockstar's gonna kick and scream about the piracy issue even though it's mostly their fault to begin with.