Risk of using Femtocell

I didn’t know there was a new build. I kept looking at https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
but they still show the 1 year old firmware.

Oof, yeah, need to get rid of that router, and it’s as good a time as any to deep dive into networking and build a pfsense box.

Study up on TCP/IP and OSI. Come here when you have questions.

While you’re studying, find the smallest, cheapest computer you can that can accommodate wifi and 2 ethernet ports (either built in or via expansion card). The cheapest way to find a viable pfsense box is to search “thin clients” on e-bay.

Be sure to look up the processor to make sure it supports AES NI. And get the switch @sanfordvdev linked earlier. Then you’ll have everything you need to be safe from KRACK and your femtocell.

yea i wont go on my rant again. But ddwrt is terrible for keeping up with updates in my opinion. You will need to find the site where they upload the nightly builds and keep up from there whether you want to update.

Some users are reporting problems. Some of the builds aren’t stable i guess. Maybe I should wait until the new LTS kernel will out.

no you need to sell that router to someone else who just wants to skype and watch kittens roll on a floor for no reason 24/7. But i understand you spent a lot of money on it so do what you gotta do.