Richard Stallman Forced Out of the FSF

That’s alot of fake woke speech right there. That makes me believe suddenly that you’re trolling the lot of us. Well played.

I started reading that link just for shits and giggles and a lot of it seems to be misunderstood bullshit tbh. Just like this email thing. The first source cited about him sympathizing with pedos is him saying:

I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren’t voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.

Which was in relation to a political party form to try to legalize it. It reads to me like hes questioning their argument, not sympathizing.

To me he wasnt defending epstein. You could infer he was defending minsky because its really a grey area. People arent understanding what it is hes really talking about.

3 Likes

Mmmmm, meh?

I mean he brought it on himself by not being able to STFU.

If he just did his work and not got involved in politics or word wars, especially not made his… let’s say questionable views to be kind, on pedophilia know this would never have happened and we could all just carry on being enraged at this guy for any number of other reasons.

1 Like

And that’s fine. But I don’t care why he was forced out. He’s been mistreating people left and right for decades now. I’ts about time he deal with the consequences of it.

im serious

Largely in part due to his brain chemistry and mental disorders.

Should depressed or bi-polar people be fired and removed from high positions? They could make questionable remarks or decisions. Better not hire them.

1 Like

No but they are generally made aware of their conditions and make efforts to keep them under control.

Can’t help the helpless.

I think stallman is a fucking nut, and I disagree with his views on a lot of things. I dont however wish ill will upon him because he doesnt think the same way I do.

The only mistreatment of people hes inflicted IMO is giving us GPL.

2 Likes

Not hire them is going a bit far, but there should be a point of no return.
I think once it comes to a point where you’re starting to alienate a large portion of your workforce, or collaborators? Yes, there SHOULD be something done about it.

So the fact that he’s gone on record saying he doesn’t acknowledge the women in any sort of programming, effectively alienating half of the people in free software to begin with or could be in free software to begin with is perfectly acceptable to you?

1 Like

The math doesn’t work there, homes.

3 Likes

Women in free software make up far less than half of the people in free software, lets be honest. Maybe the joke is in poor taste but it is just that, a joke.

hes already adressed it and seemed reasonable in his reply

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2009-November/msg00010.html

1 Like

i was about to look it up, most of these claims are missing important context or are just skewed to confirm that stallman is a bad guy

There are techniques that you can use to help you with social interaction, but its really rough when you run into a situation that your used to or not prepared for. This is exactly what happened when he had the language confusion freak out, it fell outside his social interaction flowchart and he couldn’t cope.

I am not sure what the controversy is anyway. Children should not be a protected class, if you truly care about freedom.

1 Like

Reading through this cracks me up. When the glibc team was removing the abortion joke and RMS interjected to overrule the decision and keep the joke, I was all “Man, fuck Stallman! He needs to GTFO.” Stallman goes on to say “Hey, sexual assault is ambiguous, can we get a more clear definition going?” and I’m totes like “Dude is on the level, leave him alone.”

Lmao.

Maybe I’m next…

2 Likes

first theyre removing abortion jokes then they’re removing jokes stallman

1 Like

The whole RMS debacle in a nutshell.

The outrage community doing what it does best and people not bothering to check any sources. RMS was done dirty just because he doesnt fit the societal norms. Now he ‘gets to’ resign from a successful career because he was accused of ‘wrongthink’.

People have gone so soft that they cannot deal with someone having differing opinions without needing to ruin their life over disagreements.

4 Likes

tfw you have autism and cant cope with flexible definitions with things, so you ask for a concrete definition for something.

neurotypicals freak out and you have to resign

Ever since Peter Bright (an Ars Technica writer) was recently arrested for trying to molest a 7 year old girl and a 9 year old boy, I’m extremely dubious about people defending pedophilia pedantically on the internet, “just having an academic discussion”. It came to light that he had been doing just that for years. He made the very same distinction between voluntary and forced sex as a justification for his own compulsion to have sex with children.

Not saying Stallman has the same problem, but I don’t give people any leeway on the matter anymore. It isn’t OK to devil’s advocate child abuse.

5 Likes