Richard Stallman Forced Out of the FSF

I don’t know if Stallman is HFA or Aspy, but he’s certainly one or the other. Neurotypicals will always see the way people like him on the spectrum behave and will think that he’s an asshole like he can help it or something. It’s very hard for people on the spectrum, especially with quirks like Stallman, to get and keep jobs because of social issues. It’s 100% not something Stallman, nor any other autist can help; and all neurotypicals will just say he’s an asshole and good riddance like @Smerrills said above.

4 Likes

He likely wont get another job and will couch hop through his retirement.

1 Like

precisely. yet another example of disgusting neurotypical bigots denying basic human dignity to people with autism

1 Like

There is a video of him melting down over a language misunderstanding. Where he was the keynote speaker

There are other times were he flips out too. Man is obviously on the spectrum.

Look, his early work with GNU userland is impressive. He couldn’t build a kernel if his life depended on it. Hurd won’t boot.

I have read the man’s website He has bizarre rants about: how necrophilia isn’t a big deal, how having children isn’t special and neither are children, and how pedos need more understanding.

It is some hyper “anarcho-blankism” view points and he will use some odd thought experiments to support his views.

2 Likes

I know this woman over reacted. He was just trying to have the situation defined. But the way he worded it, and the way he described it did SEEM like he was defending him.

But, I don’t care why he resigned. I really don’t. As long as he isn’t in a seat of power anymore.

@SesameStreetThug, I have no problem with people of spectrum, or HFA or any other TBI. I have worked with them in the past when I used to be apart of a company that did Adult Foster Care.

But letting his autism be an excuse so he can TREAT PEOPLE LIKE GARBAGE is not the way to deal with him. He NEVER should have been in a position of power period.

The majority of people are good. And deserve to be treated with respect. Yes, there are garbage-fire people all over the place. But that doesn’t mean that you lump them in with everyone else, and treat everyone like shit.

Is it sad that this happened to him? Yes. But he has done it to himself over the years. Finally, MIT, and FSF probably was tired of his shit, and gave him an ultimatum. One I think has been a long time coming.

2 Likes

give me one example of him treating people like garbage

1 Like

It made it seem like he was defending minsky maybe, but not epstein. Thats just the way the media has spun it for you.

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings on this.

I get that people on the spectrum do not function the same way others do, but I also think that there needs to be a limit so it minimizes any issues it causes other people.

In high school there was a kid who was autistic (per his parents). Initially he would just hug the girls, but eventually it basically became groping them. He also would push and sometimes punch the boys larger than him. I myself got a bruised rib when he shoved me into a table.

Where is the line drawn? Saying “please stop” only goes so far when it’s not being received on the other end.

3 Likes

The thing is it’s not like this was RMS’s first time defending this type of stuff though.

Also, I am also one of those people with autism as well, idk about how far on the spectrum he is but I am fairly sure that there is more than autism driving his views on pedophilia and at times his attitude that he has.

1 Like

This just from here: https://geekfeminism.wikia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

I don’t have any experience working with women in programming projects; I don’t think that any volunteered to work on Emacs or GCC.

Or how about here:
The “St. Ignutius” routine mentioned above, has been performed relatively unchanged since the early 90s, as a commenter recounts on a blog post about the EMACS virgins joke. The commenter writes about seeing the routine when she was only 15, and how RMS singled her out several times during that performance:

He actually pointed to me in the back and proclaimed, into the mic, “A GIRL!” causing the audience to turn and look. Mortifying. Then he proceeded to gesture toward me every time he referred to “EMACS Virgins.”

Or how about the MANY videos on youtube of how he treats people who bring him computers to sign, and he’ll flip his shit if they’re not what he likes, or is FOSS.

It’s bullshit.

1 Like

he wasnt forced to resign for groping girls, it was because he said shit that people didnt like

3 Likes

[TRIGGER WARNING]

lmfao and this is why I like you adubs

This. The reactions on Twitter make it look and sound like he actually raped 9 year olds. He has not. He writes weird e-mails everyday.

5 Likes

sorry, but I just don’t trust geekfeminism to give an unbiased account of events. They will always attack people on the spectrum and get away with it because we don’t have a place in a fancy 7 letter acronym.

3 Likes
  • Green
  • Is
  • My
  • Pepper
1 Like

I just pulled it from google search.

I’m not saying you have to like Stallman, but he should be afforded the dignity to create something or be the leader of something. Lets not just make neuroatypical people second class citizens here because we can’t conform to abstract guidelines

1 Like