Regarding the Tek mouse

I bought one. The purple/blue LED is kind of subtle and not as bright as other mice. That said, I think I'm going to try my hand at modding it. I've already taken mine apart and found its just two LEDs running it, one at the back for the palm, and another at the scroll wheel.

My plan was to use an Arduino Nano with a bluetooth transceiver. Hopefully both are small enough to fit inside the mouse comfortably. I should be able to wire it into the 5v power for the mouse.

Another thing I noticed about it was a clear piece of plastic near the DPI buttons. Looks like there was supposed to be an LED there but isn't.

Anyway, I'm happy with the mouse. I quite like the size as I don't like tiny mice, so this works extremely well. The buttons are some of the best I have seen in a mouse, not mushy, and very tactile.

I haven't decided whether it will replace my Logitech G700 or not. I'll probably use one of them as a back up.

I'm just waiting for the MMO version. Gotta have my macros.

2 Likes

I wish there was a man sized mouse with several thumb button. My current mouse is a razor naga but it is about 25%-30% to small for my hand.

Does anyone else notice that the mouse doesn't seem to wake your computer up from sleep? Or is this just me. Its not a big deal but its kinda funny. My guess is the mouse isnt getting any power because of the ferrite bead.
Who knows it isnt a big deal but maybe something to look at for future mice.

I read that in my head as ferret bed.
lol

Since my main mouse likes to randomly push n and \, and the one I borrowed from my nephew is a $12 color changing multi-clicking ergonomic abomination from the deepest pages of ebay. Think I'm gonna get the mouse when I get the money. Hopefully tomorrow, might also buy another one of the ones I borrowed and break it into pieces and melt it some and send it to my nephew through the mail, then mail him his mouse back and drive down on the day he should be getting it but after the destroyed one has gotten to him first.

1 Like

Wow.... At least get him a better mouse, if your going to destroy his.

This one is his back-up to his back-up. This one I'm doing nothing too, it's the used $2 one I'll get off of ebay that doesn't work that shall be sacrificed. Actually I'll probably find one that looks somewhat like his then send it back to see if he notices. The current mouse he uses is a $50ish Cooler Master.

OK its just a backup, and not even the real one. Still tad cruel.

So far anyone who is using it, how is swapping weapons on CS:GO and Battlefield with the scroll wheel? My crappy Logitech M310 mouse swaps weapons clunky like. Meaning If I want my pistol the knife shows up.

Man if they did a rgb mmo button style version of the mouse that would be perfect.

1 Like

There's no mouse wheel acceleration, so one click/notch on the wheel is equal to one weapon switch, if that's what you're referring to.

1 Like

Yes it is. The mouse wheel in the Logitech M310 has no acceleration but it is low quality and has no resistance.

For a couple extra dollars per mouse you wouldn't be able to keep them in stock ever... I don't think any single person would reject paying $4 dollars more assuming you wanted 100% on the investment... I mean the hoodies and t-shirts are a bit overpriced but I don't mind buying them to support you guys... and they are nice quality products...

Purple has GOT to be the least common color config among rigs... I don't hate purple... I don't hate a lot of colors... it's pretty in a sense... but if the mouse were Red or Blue or Green, you'd be following a mainstream color scheme...

BRING OUT THE KRAKEN RGB LEDs

:)

It's really more blue than anything else and it doesnt even glow unless the computer is on and if the computer is on your hand should be on the mouse. I dont see the problem.

I'll have to double check to see if it's a black light LED.

So i got my mouse a few days ago. I wanted to wait a while before i said anything about it. In short it has replaced my Deathadder Chroma.

Pros:
Great Value
Fast movement
Texture grips very well including at the side
No software

Cons:
Cable is a little thicker than expected
Uneven lighting on the scroll wheel

I think we need to remember this is the 'standard issue' which i have a feeling is more of a tester into the peripheral market for TekSyndicate, also it helps with their documentary making allowing them access to the factories in china.

Obviously these are my opinions and yours will vary. Tho remember that the mouse is $35, for that price i personally would replace all my mice that i use daily if it was more than one.

Perhaps this helped, Mark

1 Like

Bought the mouse, now to see how long it takes to get here.

1 Like