Recommend Graphics Card for 1440p - non gaming

Here’s the thing…
Freesync is just adaptive sinc on.
Gsync just adds extra hardware to iron out the issues adaptive sinc may have.
Is Gsync better? Yes. Is it way too expensive for what it is? Yes, absolutely. Totally not worth the super premium for the tiny bit of improvement.

1 Like

Can we not devolve into freesync vs gsync here?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I know OP already made the purchase, but the 1030 is :ok_hand: for anyone else shopping. I was playing Elder Scrolls Online last night with high settings and was probably getting 40 to 60 FPS. I wasn’t benchmarking, but it looked way better than it does on PS4

1 Like

i didn’t even know why he start with gsync hardware i was talking about a freesync screen with works better with nvidia…

how else could this be a fair comparison.
edit:
@AnotherDev
well he said he is not gaming so that an important point that makes the GPU processing not that important else he would have listed software where he needs more GPU processing power.

the hardware decoder would be relative irrelevant but in his situation it’s just pretty much the biggest feature he is using “daily” of these cards in this situation.

I saw that, just figured I’d add for anyone reading this and asking “how good can a 1030 be? :thinking:

Answer: real good

Actually triple booting, Windows 10, MX Linux and Arch Labs. I am checking out different distros since I have several old Western Digital Raptors HD from my previous build. MX is my primary desktop. I like Arch Labs also considering the word out on Arch Linus is that it was hard to manage for newbies. So far, Arch is stable as MX. I only use windows 10 for the Apple itune stuff because my family all uses iphones.

Thanks. I would have pulled the trigger for a 1030 because it would be a natural upgrade from my GT 430 silent. The only issue with those cards is that they only have 1 hdmi and 1 DVI port. I am looking to drive my new monitor with a display port and I need 2 more hdmi ports. One for the home theater receiver and 1 other PC monitor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.