Raze The World - Clean Slate

@SourceCode You nailed it there.

This is just sad. Really loved the different aspects and personalities of TS. Except Spanx . . . that guy was an idiot child.

Have to throw my support out to Wendell - brilliant interesting guy. Hope he makes more content on his own. I will definitely support him.

RIP TS.

6 Likes

Still gonna mention the case with the Patreon. We'd like to know where the Patreon money is going and that your income is spread in a fashion that doesn't make you look like you are using TS as your own piggy bank. We heard that you guys had a 30% increase in yearly income and yet you said that you were poor and hurting for money while you really shouldn't have any issues. You said that you will put effort towards fixing these issues, and I will hope you take the appropriate steps to eliminate such ingenuine use of funds that we contribute to.

Now for the stuff related to the post. I hope you do find people who will be able to have similar impact that Wendell and Qain had. That will be most difficult I think.

Now I am going to be an asshole. If TekSyndicate did go down I believe that Pistol would have been left jobless, so (again I will sound like a total ass) please teach her how to interact with the community more positively and make her do more complex editing because her skills are not anywhere on this job market. So please, improve your quality and skills that you put towards the creation of your content. I think that applies to both of you.

AND THE DAMN ONESIE WAS NOT FUNNY IN ANY WAY

you also better read each of our post
8 Likes

This, openess would be the ultimate apology @Logan , have your new CPA compile a public statement

I'm not entirely sure what all transpired, or happened. I'm not even sure if I want to know, or should have an opinion on it.

But, to quote Linus Torvalds:

Seriously, where else am I supposed to go to burn my extra time or otherwise pretend to work, when at work? (Tom's Hardware? Pfft!)

2 Likes

I actually intend to read this whole forum topic, but at the moment I am at work, so I just want to get my reply in now and I can read all the posts later:

As it has been said a few times now: This forum and Tek Syndicate as whole has created a community and now lives and dies on that community.
When I subscribed to Tek Syndicate, I originally subscribed because of Logan, but I stayed for the long term because...not because of Wendell. Not because of Logan. I stayed subscribed because of BOTH of them.
Logan was personality of Tek Syndicate while Wendell is the insightful wisdom of the show, and both of you played well together. I was born in 90s which means I have a shit-fuck attention span so it takes more than just the insightfulness of a single person to hold my attention, and it takes more than just the raw humor of another person to hold my attention. This is why the both of you worked together so well.

I understand wanting to do your own thing. It's important. The things you have talked about in your twitlongers and the various forum posts I have read I have had a small bit of relatability to it, so I don't necessarily blame Logan for what has happened.
I think it's important to find what works best, and hopefully the change benefits you in the long run, either in finding your happiness, or being more successful in general (or hopefully both).

I will continue to support both Logan and Wendell regardless of their position.

4 Likes

Logan forgot to read the man pages... Before taking down the site, after threatening to take down the site...

1 Like

I agree, @Logan you owe it to the community, we need to know where the patreon money went.

I may be wrong, but on the basis of the last few days' events, >95% of us are here for "Wendell's brain", >95% of us now believe Logan doesn't care for the community, and apparently >95% of us are "trolls".

13 Likes

It'd make a change from belittling everyone here by referring to us as "kids" behind our backs.

5 Likes

sup @Spacecat !

sorry to interupt the thread

Patreon, after taxes covered about the amount of one employees salary. Running a business with several employees, an office, bills, the interns, etc. all adds up. I'm not discussing money with anyone until things are resolved with Wendell.

6 Likes

That applies to everyone except for Wendell. Then again she does Twitch stream for money...

More like teach her not to be edgy from time to time

Like what? Or are you saying that she should be challenged more?

That's a bad lie and you know it. And I wouldn't be surprised if other companies had/are trying to poach her from TS.

Nah, Logan needs to fix his the most. Lol

But at the worst of times, not everyone can handle it. Especially if they try to hide something from the rest of the audience, for various reasons (like fear).

Meow!

2 Likes

For a year or so it seems, the community has paid for Logan to bounce around the USA in the search of his perfect artistic environment. I was more than happy to give every dollar that I did because The Tek has been an important part of my life and prior to this year I had enjoyed it weekly for a bargain price. Logan brought us Wendell, and for that I am happy to have paid my monthly pittance. But the time has come now for us to be able to give some money directly to @wendell. Lord knows it's overdue.

8 Likes

Wouldn't it just be best for us to move on and go our separate ways?

Would help this blow over faster...

3 Likes

Complex editing as in more than just cutting broll and adding the adds and the intros. If you look at other techtubers, they have much more complex editing styles that are enjoyable to watch.

If you look at what skillset people come out with from editing schools, they have full knowledge of Creative Suit and other software like that. Most techtubers hire freelance graduates who have refined skills through theory and practice together.

4 Likes

ftfy
and I'll choose for myself thanks

2 Likes

To quote Nordom, the fearsome cubed warrior:

1 Like

To be honest, I never really liked anyone other than Logan, Wendell, Qain in TS.

1 Like

Jimmy was cool. Not entirely sure what happened there.