Raspberry Pi have released a new camera module. Its a 12.3PM Sony IMC477 sensor camera with lens mount system for interchanging compatible lenses.
Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera
Specs are as follows:
- 12.3 megapixel Sony IMX477 sensor
- 1.55μm × 1.55μm pixel size – double the pixel area of IMX219
- Back-illuminated sensor architecture for improved sensitivity
- Support for off-the-shelf C- and CS-mount lenses
- Integrated back-focus adjustment ring and tripod mount
Comes in at $50
A comparison of the Camera Module v2 (Left) vs the “High Quality Camera” (right)
Interestingly I immediately thought I wonder if this could be attached to some over the top lenses for this sensor.
Along with the release they’ve released a 132 page Camera Guide to accompany the camera module