RAP / Hip Hop - Some of the best MUSIC

Hey guys!

So I saw in the Youtube comments on the new Inbox that someone is throwing shade at RAP and saying that it's NOT MUSIC??

RAP IS MUSIC. 

I call on everyone and ANYONE who is a music lover or loves Rap / Hiphop to post your examples of the best representations!

Below are some of my FAVES, please post, comment, ENJOY!

Jay-Z

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53981","attributes":{"alt":"JAY-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder","class":"media-image"}}]]

N.W.A.

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53982","attributes":{"alt":"NWA - Fuk Da Police","class":"media-image"}}]]

3 Likes

Nothing is better than Trance/Dubstep/Death Metal. those are a blast these days rap is just good for arguements lol. not quite that is the story but personally i hate "Rap" soo much the only person i like to hear sing & rap a diss is Eminem he got some funny ass lyrics which i love to hear/read. none else than that.. (By the way that's a personal opinion everyone is different for it's own kind)

Would the Wham Rap be applicable? The song I posted in your other thread :P

Fuck it. It's getting posted.

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53983","attributes":{"alt":"Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do)","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53984","attributes":{"alt":"Atmosphere - Sunshine","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53985","attributes":{"alt":"Boom Bap Project - Wyle Out (Ft. Gift Of Gab)","class":"media-image"}}]]

Some of my favorites, plus everything else by Atmosphere.

I think alot of people think negatively of rap due to mainstream poser pop/rap. I listen to Concious Rap mostly but I don't mind gangster rap if they actually are gangsters, any artistes on the Rhymesayers Entertainment and Doomtree labels are good. Here's a taster of how much variety there is in rap for people who think it's all the same.

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53986","attributes":{"alt":"Atmosphere - Freefallin'","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53987","attributes":{"alt":"Eyedea & Abilities - Smile","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53988","attributes":{"alt":"Mos Def - Mathematics","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53989","attributes":{"alt":"Tom Pepe (Knowmads) - The River Runs Deep","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53990","attributes":{"alt":"Cecil Otter Sufficiently Breathless","class":"media-image"}}]]

Rhyme and Poetry. 

2 Likes

Dubstep is absolute garbage. If something isn't music its that.

1 Like

I don't think Atmosphere can make anything bad.

I like 90's early 2000's rap, pretty much everything after that is just poser sellout crap.

Alot of people say that and if we are talking about anything on the 'charts' then I agree with you, but there are tons of rappers releasing amazing music who are just below the surface. Although, most of these artistes are not 'gangster' rappers, I think concious rap is alot more common underground.

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53991","attributes":{"alt":"Common Market- Nothing At All","class":"media-image"}}]]

Reason why would people would potentially say rap isn't music is that they're thinking of exclusively one thing. As long it isn't heavily orientated towards it I would generally accept it. But nothing though beats the 80s/90s/first-half-of-the 2000s types. Not all of this today's bullshit. I just simply lost faith towards the outside world. Keep your eyes on our current top 40s chart and see if you can pick any hip hop/rap tunes you like. For me, it's just another clutter of laids' favourites and a few casual tunes.

Now it's the time to regulate today's music industry, just like the streets

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53980","attributes":{"alt":"Warren G - Regulate ft. Nate Dogg","class":"media-image"}}]]

wee, embeding works in HTML mode!!!!

Fuck it, can't get embedded videos to show up! 

If you're on chrome click the shield thing on the right bit of adress bar and click load unsafe scripts.

Thanks

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53992","attributes":{"alt":"Jake One - The Truth feat. Freeway and Brother Ali","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53994","attributes":{"alt":"King Geedorah - Anti Matter feat. MF Doom / Mr. Fantastik","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53993","attributes":{"alt":"SKINNYMAN ILL BE SURPRISED","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53995","attributes":{"alt":"Chester P & Mongo - Lab Rat Situation (£10 Bag Vol 1 Exclusive)","class":"media-image"}}]]

Funny, Funny, Funny, 2 on 2 complements Battle Rap! 

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53996","attributes":{"alt":"DON'T FLOP - Rap Battle - Shuffle-T & Marlo Vs Big J & Lefty *COMPLIMENTS BATTLE*","class":"media-image"}}]]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53997","attributes":{"alt":"Sir Mix-A-Lot - Swap Meet Louie.avi","class":"media-image"}}]]

If I am going to listen to rap I will listen to stuff like bus driver, dela, and del tha funkee homosapien (icecubes programmer/rapper cousin).

I listen to rap exclusively but I doubt what I listen to are good examples of the genre lol

If I had to recommend some safe choices to people though it'd probably be artist like:

Kid Ink, CyHi The Prynce, Rockie Fresh, Yelawolf, Machine Gun Kelly, Fabolous, Big Sean, Curren$y

chiptunes are master race

https://soundcloud.com/djcutman

1 Like

I don't mind some horrorcore here and there either.

[WARNING: GORE]

[[{"type":"media","view_mode":"media_large","fid":"53998","attributes":{"alt":"Brotha Lynch Hung - Meat Cleaver - Official Music Video","class":"media-image"}}]]