Random Hardware Postings and Discussions

The small fan cools the, whatever part this is attached to, VRM or RAM.

It is also a 1080ti with a DVI port.

Back again. Such an odd looking card but apparently it brings the results. Those fins go all the way up between the fans, lots of cooling. Someone with the 1080 has it running at 2050mhz and never above 68 decrees science.

1 Like

I love the look, not what's under the hood. Throw one of these on a vega card though and I'm sold.

1 Like

Batman would use that card.

1 Like

They have version of that cooler with and without the 4th fan. I would love to see a side by side comparison to see if it actually does anything in the real world.

Unfortunately Inno3d are an nVidia partner so no AMD cards like this.

Well if you want to see ridiculous looking coolers, Sapphire has Vapor-X series that they usually make for AMD's top end cards so we'll likely see a Vapor-X version of Vega. It's about time for Vapor-X to come out again anyways since it skipped FuryX cards (due to manufacturing lockdown on the reference design). PowerColor also makes ridiculous coolers with their Devil cards.

1 Like

They did end up Making a Nitro non-reference fury, which was pretty ridiculous from a size stand-point but otherwise had pretty no-nonsense industrial design

1 Like

I always like the Vapour-X and Tri-X coolers. The new Nitro ones are not good looking at all. After the Fury their coolers looked terrible.

I don't think Sapphire could afford making a ridiculous cooler for RX480 since it had to be kept under a specific price bracket as oppose to AMD's past $500+ cards where Sapphire has room to charge a premium on their best coolers.

1 Like

But still did they have to make it looks like a cross between 50's era Braun design and a shower head.

1 Like

Be thankful they used black color scheme, the leaked photos of it where silver which made it look like a cheese grater. I suspect they were going to release that version alongside the black one but realized the reaction from the leaked photos of it.

2 Likes

*Waits for Xzibit meme*

1 Like
3 Likes

really dig the open cooler style

cool top window

3 Likes

That's about it though... neat design but looks seriously impractical imo.

well, the pull out is kinda cool, obviously small form factorish, lol iO on the side is funny

1 Like