Radeon Vii water cooled with Kraken x62

So… I am not sure where to start…
I had a x62 laying around… Just got my Vii… Here…

Looking pretty fly together… But they told me… We need to be closer… so the madness started…

Gotta be something in here… Somewhere…

Almost…

Sha bam!

Its 47c max (edit temp reading is wrong due to program used). I ve seen 4k gaming for the last 3 hours… Someone get me a water block before I rig something else up horrible lmao. In the end the mount hardware I had didn’t get used. Just the bracket. The rest is diced up washers. Nylon were needed and trimmed bracket to miss everything on the pcb. Everything was done with power tools and tlc i swear. I didn’t want to damage the card. Hahahah the bracket is a intel bracket from a corsair h40 I believe. That I had laying around after a leak years ago.
ADDITIONAL. The tension of the bracket is a huge unknown. The package of vega / vii is apoxy and is possible to crack inside without seeing damage my understanding is. The tension was left to feel. And what I mean is. The feeling of a cpu cooler before a heavy heat cycling after its just been installed with fresh paste and you can still barely turn it side to side, no more tension was added. All corners were brought down as equal as possible and no further. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

If I can trust this retarded Google, then you are first

Would be interesting to see some hwinfo64 shots so then it can be compared

Nah gamers nexus did one with a Asetek bracket

1 Like

If this is not viewed favorably I can remove it. I literally posted not exactly sure what to expect as this is my 2nd post. I dont lurk here much or follow around. Just wanted to share :sunny:

1 Like

I hope you can do some overclocking and benchmarks.

3 Likes

No thus is very cool, thanks for sharing it.

If you run any tests on it or have other information related to how it is doing in the future please tell us.

1 Like

Awsome photography OP.

1 Like

8 days

Are you still able to fit the backplate on? Just curious.

Here we are sitting idle without touching clocks.

5 Likes

Unfortunately not, it has nothing to mount anymore : ’ (

Ah damn, It would have looked nicer, if not plain cool.

Should be able to buy some M2 (or whichever screws they are, they look about like M2’s) nuts and fiber washers if really desired.

. I am seeing numbers all over from different tools. Input? I think AMDS wattman might be the only working one at this moment still.
Edit as of writing only hwinfo64 reads junction (averages). And amd wattman for core temps and junction graph plots with averages.

For sure : ) will try to pick some up next run into town.

Unfortunately due to the die size of the Vii. It will throttle on the X62. Can see this here. When Core Junction reaches past 115c our Mhz will plummet over and over. I am looking for another AIO with better coverage, but still small enough to clear the board parts. Le Sad : )

Updated with better image

In short if you have the correct pump. Its alot of work to make it work but yea its possible and temps sit great. But no a normal coverage cpu cooler will not cover the package on the gpu. Idle it sits at 65c on junction as reported by AMDwattman. It took all day of fitting and taking off and refitting to make it work. Just to know that it doesn’t. I am not sure if the next step is
A: wait for a water block and set it aside,
B: order a replacement graphite pad and put it back together,
C: find a better fitting asetek mount cooler and continue the silliness,

: D

dont use graphite pads they are horrid on the vii. not thick enough for the stock cooler. ( gamers nexus video has the model of the stock pad in there tear down video)

There is multiple graphite pads and thermal grizzly ones are a bit thicker

i think the thermal grizzly ones are the ones that gamers nexus tested.

dont think so pretty sure they did the one LTT had done prior (could be wrong, but like 85% sure)