Quietest RTX 2080Ti?

So basically the airflow case is the more elegant solution because it runs more efficiently (when tuned properly)?

1 Like

It requires work… But yes, if you do it well it can be better.

What do you think about the SilverStone RL06 and the Meshify S2?

The new fractal cases I dislike with a passion.
The Silverstone is good for airflow if we ignore the PSU shroud. One of the front intakes is basically blowing under the shroud and is gone. IDK if the shroud is removable, my guess will be no… If it have a mesh so the air can go through - that is fine, but other than that shrouds are usually bad for airflow.
There are some stuff wrong with it, like not so great cable management and I am not entirely sure it will fit the D14/D15…

what do you think about those cases with dual 200mm fans in the front - are they stupid for airflow/silence? (e.g. MasterCase H500P)

They certainly have airflow.
Will look for data on noise, but at low RPM, they should be fine.

I’ve heard that these fans cannot be made quiet as even the volume of air they are moving is producing significant levels of noise - could be bs though, just what i heard.

I have heard similar things about the noise. Also the 200mil fans need powerful motor to move those hyouge blades so the motor may be also a bit noisy.
But on the other hand buying a case with those fans implies you kinda like the fans and want the airflow…

Yeah, but I want silence more than I want airflow. I am only buying an airflow case if it can allow my rig to run silently.

What about this one - has mesh, doesn’t have psu shroud, and is called “airflow edition”:
https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Obsidian-Series™-750D-Airflow-Edition-Full-Tower-ATX-Case/p/CC-9011078-WW

Do you need optical drive bays? And do you have me hard drives?

Don’t have hard drives and don’t need the optical bays.

What about this ugly nonsense:
https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series™-Air-740-High-Airflow-ATX-Cube-Case/p/CC-9011096-WW

dual chamber design, no psu shroud, no optical bays

From a personal standpoint it depends upon how you plan to use the case+drive bays, if you need expansion down the road via cheap SSDs it would be good to have flexibility–most ATX motherboards have 4-6 SATA ports depending upon if you use the M.2 for a SATA SSD. Some motherboard makers use ASMedia to provide even more SATA ports to offset losing the onboard Intel SATA ports when using M.2 SATA SSDs.

As far as that Corsair case, the thermals should be better than the 200R but those HDD trays are like the Spec 01/02 so be extremely careful if you mount a SSD or dual-SSD adapter into that 3.5" bay. Corsair’s 200R just has metal clips to hold drives, somewhat more friendly with dual-SSD trays :grinning:

The one advantage it has it is does not put any objects in the air stream (turbulences = noise).
An option, probably not the best one.

@psycho_666 will hate me for this, but what about the FractalDesign Meshify S2?

1 Like

I have the previous version of that case for my work machine, Its a dust magnet even when set up properly for positive pressure.

To be honest I really like the idea of dual chamber design and putting all the cables in a secondary compartment.

I think I would like to have one fan on the bottom as well though and this case doesn’t have a fan bracket on the bottom. Any similar cases that are good?

Pretty much any decent case is going to allow you to manage the cables to the back side

Personally I just bought this case for the next build I’m doing

https://www.adorama.com/lipco11dx.html

A yes, the LianLi O11 Dynamic I mentioned earlier :smiley:

Many of the better cases allow for cable management. Some do it better than others.

I just remembered Streacom exists. They got some cases that do quiet correctly.
The F12C does low noise and cooling correctly.

1 Like

FYI I am running Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. Gorgeous case with great features but a bit old now…
It have a fan controller for 3 fans and comes our of the box with 3 140mil super quiet fans. When running on 5V the fans are practically silent. I added 3 more and now I run 6 case fans at 5V each.

I will not, but feature wise my 5 years old case still offers more than the brand new 150$ Meshify S2…

1 Like