PSA: for all corsair customers, they have an rma "blacklist" and you will not get support or rma

lol? no one cares about canada yet. but per capita america #1 for horrible company’s lol name 1 good one and i will name 5 currently in court around the world are we also including game devs etc?? this so ez. but dont want to have this type of conversation on the forums. thanks i want corsair held accountable, just like newegg

Canadian law does allow a company to refuse service for any reason except based on race, religion, disability, sex, or age. A business is not legally required to inform you if they have decided to refuse you service (I’m Canadian, so am sort of aware of the consumer law here… again, not a lawyer but have some experience on the subject).

So far, myself and other members of this forum have given you the benefit of the doubt and helped by offering advise, however something in the tone of posts suggests that you might come off as a little abrasive, which may have led to your account being suspended.

Again, you’ve taken the advise provided here on board and made progress, keep at it.

Phone conversations are never the answer. Do anything and everything you can by email. Email is almost always borderline irrefutable (word of the day it seems) fact. But I see you want to talk about that blacklist, so lets talk about it.

Lets not talk about what you think or what your opinions are on the matter. You gotta stick to what is written in black and white. What does the exact laws say? The best I can find is a combination of “Humans Rights Act” and “Canada Consumer Product Safety Act” but neither address warning a user prior to being banned from an establishment. If you feel this should be something added, I would suggest you reach out to your local municipality and get support lobbying for this additional law.

Otherwise, it sounds like the business has the right to refuse service as long as you are not a protected class, and it doesn’t seem like you fall into a discrimination case.

Lets start a hypothetical situation. You have business that sells a product. Someone reaches out to your team for support on a product and you trust your employee enough that you pay them X/yearly which is actually Z/yearly to employ them. Now, that customer is verbally neglectful towards your own employee? There is NO way you yourself can pickup the phone. Just no way, your sales volume is too damn high! Like I said, you trust your employee to provide support right? How do you protect your employee? That is also your responsibility. The responsibility of ensuring your employees do not have to deal with serially rude and belligerent customers. Keeping in mind this employee you trust to represent you and your company processes hundreds of claims a month to other customers in a satisfactory way. Right?

So you arm them with the ability to refuse service. At some point you have to also protect your employees.

Back to your blacklist Yes it does exist. Every company has one. Every. Single. One. So if the Consumer Protection Laws for you are not adequate. Pursue the change! BE THE CHANGE

You can do it, we believe in you.

yeah i’m on disability for ptsd etc being former vet. really not great with social interactions. i can call a lawyer thru veterans affairs and ask about this actually. apologies if i seem rude just corsair hanging up on me when i dint do anything. refusing to answer questions, and the ghost blacklist rubs me real wrong.

I really think this is (for now) a neutral thing. Meaning no one should believe either side yet. However I will also note that while you have had good luck with Corsairs service that might be due to your country. I’ve found some companies will do this because OP is in Canada. Canada is a red headed step child for LOTS of things. In the US you get the “We’ll get that right out to you sir!” In Canada you get the “Gray market purchase because we’re unaware of our resellers in that country too bad so sad FO.” For reference of how I know this…Tennessean IN Canada…

great post you gave me some more idea’s as did daviedaviedavie. I have access to all sorts of lawyers thry veterans affairs i will contact one tomorow or try to get an appointment tmro atleast. i’m getting exausted by the bullshit atm. i take 6 perscriptions for my ptsd etc not getting into all of it. i appreciate any and all constructive advice you guy have. the think i hate about text is its hard to tell when someone is just flat out being a cunt for no reason or a genuine person.(sarcasm for example) is fairly hard to detect in text with strangers u never met.

I get it, really I do. Im also a veteran and I worked for the US Veteran Affairs for three years. Use your resources and drive it home my guy. You. Can. Do. It

1 Like

Sadly in Canada we have the BBB which will give a rating that basically does nothing.

1 Like

your so right. getting anything in canada is getting harder and harder and i’m just talking consumer electronics etc. then support for those products is usually in texas for micron for example etc. worst thing canada ever did was loose our ATI fab pretty sure she’s dead

Hero Outdoors carries an F BBB rating due to me. They are one of those places that like to send you ear plugs when you order a 12 man tent. Oh you ordered a Kayak? Well send a compass…Then they fight with you for months, say they can’t send what you ordered and try to sub you out with something of lesser value with no reduction in price…total scum bags.

1 Like

i still think this costly example of the ghost blacklist, is buying something like a truck, taking it in for warranty work and them telling you to piss off lol

Sadly this is just how it is. I know my Hero example isn’t tech related but really this isn’t a tech issue. It’s just business. There are a lot of things due to being in Canada considered gray market even when bought from a legit retailer and when you register those purchases there is NO warranty or support and…you go on “the list.” Samsung SSD’s will get you that list in Canada. Buy a watch from Costco and try to register it. Outside the fact they sell mostly crap once in a while I will find a Tudor or something nice…all gray market. Even the brand retailers where I live can’t get all the watches because selling various models in Canada makes it gray and…blam.

nvm corsair just said they wont help lol
Hello

My name is , escalations manager. Your case was forwarded to my attention for review again.

As per our prior conversations, you do not have the invoices for these products, and you previously said you took them apart in an attempt to repair them. Please note that unauthorized repair attempts or disassembly will void the warranty.
In addition, based on serial number, the products are out of warranty.
Therefore I must again decline your request for warranty replacement.

-1 big problem here i sent the invoices and did not touch the keyboard, it has never been apart. and he dodged the blacklist question. the mouse is in the trash i dont care about it.

i’m just gonna get a lawyer, gotta find something better to do for now take care guys

For the cost of a lawyer you could buy some fancy shit. I’d say you should just vote with future dollars but I know I’ve taken the fight to places just because so if that’s your choice have at it. As for their “understanding” that you tried to repair probably some contortion of words to try to shut you down. Kinda comical how they give two reasons. If the serials are out of warranty that’s the end of it, so why bring up self repair? I also like the “as per prior conversations” (on the phone so nothing is in writing) and then give no real recap.

1 Like

i get free army lawyers, dont cost me a dime

1 Like

Well hell bring the fight then! heh

You’re going to get laughed at by any competent legal counsel. Even moreso for a $60 keyboard, nobody is going to take that to civil court. Maybe small claims court would get you some of Corsair’s “let’s just pay this guy to fuck off” money, that’s what it’s there for, things like this.

They have a documented paper trail of denying you service due to some breach of ToS six months ago, whether that was because you stated you tried to fix it yourself or were just an ass to CS, whatever it was. Then you waited six months to try again, only to be denied a second time for the same reason that was already documented half a year ago. And the biggest problem legally is that you were offered a resolution to the RMA which you denied. And no, what you consider acceptable doesn’t matter.

Your ship has sailed, wrecked, and sunk.

2 Likes

the keyboard is 150+tax lol and the mouse was almost a 100 at best buy. maybe your whole post is right but i will still do what i can about secret black list. got nothing better to do

Unfortunately, refusing service isn’t anything new and I doubt you’ll make any headway. You’ve made some progress and the suspension has been lifted, don’t try to screw it up now.

As for not having anything else to do, sounds a little, dare I say it, troll-ish.

This can all be resolved without getting lawyers involved. I feel that using a lawyer this early on is bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Sure, get legal advise but don’t send the lawyers knocking on Corsair’s door just yet.