Proper way to install steam/steam-play on fedora 28

it went well but it didn’t fix the little issue with Battlefield

Need to find more games to try… Thinking cs:go?

Xs:go is native to Linux.

You should also check the supported games for windows steam play. And unsupported games there’s a spreadsheet. They aren’t Guatemalan to work.

yeah i checked the site in the other thread for steam play… and bfbc2 was gold status and had several reviews saying platinum. But I guess those reviews were with invidia gpus…?

as a side project I got steamcache working on docker… for a lan party tomorrow.

and for bonus points I setup lvmcache on bind directory where it caches files from the docker images

1 Like

It could be they were Nvidia. It seems mixed results https://spcr.netlify.com/app/24960

you can sometimes find useful information on the winehq site, it may sometimes have better information.

You don’t even need to run the command anymore, its in the gnome-software repos list, its just disabled by default.

Negativo isn’t …only rpm fusion was… And most of my issues were fixed once I added negativo

1 Like

battlefield still looks wrong…

1 Like

Everything works but just some textures are missing?

yeah… thats what id call it… or they arent rendering correctly

1 Like

Don’t quote me. But I think that libmpg123 is for audio. And the libudev is for udev device information. So I don’t think that the errors that appear in the terminal are why the game isn’t loading textures properly.

These are the errors I still when I launch from terminal…

001f:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winebus.sys": libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
001f:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WineBus": c0000142
0012:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
000d:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WineBus" failed to start: 1114
0022:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
002e:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"l3codeca.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
002e:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
002e:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"mp3dmod.dll": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
wine: configuration in ‘/home/user1/.wine’ has been updated.
0009:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"DINPUT8.dll": libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
0009:err:module:import_dll Loading library DINPUT8.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\home\user1\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield Bad Company 2\BFBC2Game.exe") failed (error
c000007a).
0009:err:module:attach_dlls Importing dlls for L"Z:\home\user1\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield Bad Company 2\BFBC2Game.exe" failed, status c0000135

1 Like

Install sdl2-devel. I believe that’s the fedora name for the package.

What you should do is install all the packages that come after the dll.

1 Like

This game would look beautiful if not for that silly artifact covering anything under the horizon.

If I look up a mountain or in the sky you cannot see it…

i’ll try it

1 Like

Is udev used anymore? I forget.

the ones I found using dnf/yum search are all installed… except rust-libudev-*

1 Like

Oooo. Found a cool little site.

https://www.processlibrary.com/en/directory/files/dinput8/21771/

So dinput8 doesn’t control graphics.

Are you using directx9?

I have no idea what its using… steam is launching it…

@Goalkeeper

I got it to go away…

All i had to do was turn AA down to 1x

1 Like