Proper way to install steam/steam-play on fedora 28

no i only did what this link said to (this time) and it doesnt say to install another other than steam

cant find match for multilib

1 Like

Hmm.

I’ll keep searching for fixes for that error then.

1 Like

Do you have these packages isntalled?

libmpg123, libgstvideo-1.0, and libgnutls

Do you what which repo has those?

@Goalkeeper

did find this one… is it the same as the libgnutls

1 Like

I was just about to say that looking online it looked like libgnutls was gnutils. Lol

So now we just have to find the video one right?

Looks like gstreamer-video-base contains the video package.

1 Like

These are installed…

error is still

1 Like

I have Nvidia, so my situation is probably a little different. I install negatvio17 repos for Steam and Nvidia, and I install Nvidia, dkms, kernel-devel, lib32 for Nvidia, and Steam. After a reboot it fires right up.

Prior to using the Negativo17 repos, it was hell to get Steam working on Fedora. Now, it works everytime, without issue. *

* I just converted my wife’s work computer to Fedora and installed Steam with Cities: Skylines on there. It went surprisingly well, even she was impressed :nerd_face:

Edit — Kind of a d-bag move to not include links :smiley:

2 Likes

where do i get this repo at? URL?

1 Like

Sorry about that, see edited post :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

@nx2l Have you had that workstation since Fedora 22?

1 Like

it actually launched bfbc2 from within steam this time… but graphics still not good.

almost playable tho…

2 Likes

gentleman never tells

1 Like

i feel like i should fresh install again… and then straight up use that repo instead of the one fedora magazine said…

1 Like

Lol. Well, if so, that’s impressive. I only know one other person that went the distance like that on a single install. He had Arch Linux on his laptop for 4 or 5 years. Never reinstalled, always fixed update breaking issues, etc.

He uses Windows 10 now :smile: :joy:

1 Like

Its not actually downloading something. Its just a dirty hack to update all of the proton prefixes

1 Like

im going to let the games finish downloading , then backup everything and then i guess reinstall fedora again… sigh

until tomorrow… thanks guys

How’d it go?

2 Likes