Project Nada

Nothing to see here.

2 Likes

All of that, and only 16gb of ram? For shame.

If you feel like donating another 16 GB of RAM I'll happily accept it :) For now that's all I need to get started. That's the good thing with 8 RAM slots you can always add more.

All joking aside, when new egg credits me for the Define R5 case I plan on getting another 16 GB of RAM.

1 Like

Nice. Was thinking
"if he needs x99, he's doing a hell of a lot more than gaming, he needs more ram" is all.

Not to mention, filled out ram slots just look better than ones with gaps lol

I agree lol. This system is way overkill for my needs and I know that, but it should serve me well for a long time. And anything I get into productivity wise the PC won't be holding me back. I never planned on X99 like I said in the OP, but when looking at the Skylake setup, the X99 setup seemed like a no brainer and was about the same if not cheaper in some respects. I have to agree with @Logan about the MSI MOBO I ordered, he used it in Pistols build. It's a lot of mother board for the money.

Nice.

I'll admit, I'm just jealous. Although even if I was doing productivity stuff on my rig, the thing holding me back is my shite internet connection. It's not bad when verizon isn't being a giant bucket of donkey dicks to century link. But come the afternoon/evening it's like "nope, their customers can't have internet".

God I need to move

Yes I got to experience something similar when I was visiting my mother in MD earlier this summer. Glad to be back home lol.

I can only imagine how bad MD has it with all those people. Our problem is that Century Link has to connect to Level 3 via a section of Verizon's network. and obviously, verizon don't like that, they don't like ANYONE having internet. They'd just prefer you pay them for nothing.

What I don't understand is how Century Link isn't suing them into the ground over it. With title II and all, it's bound to be illegal. Not to mention anti-competitive since they are competing companies.

Anyways, back to computers. You going multi-monitor? How many? What res? etc.

I have not fully decided but I'm finding the curved wide screen monitors very appealing. Waiting to see what these two monitors end up being like:

Option1 and Option 2

Damnit, stop having so much more money than me >.<

1 Like

LMAO......

I lost the ability to continue my two favorite hobbies (shooting and motorcycles) so had to look to something new. I sold a lot of stuff from my shooting hobby to fund this build. So that's why I'm trying to make the most of the build so I am happy in the end, and it last a while before "needing" upgrades. Note I said "needing" and not "wanting".

I will be spending A LOT of time on the PC so it was a worth while investment for me and my sanity.

I hope you can enjoy getting back into computers. I'm looking to build some in the next few months at around the level you are working on. It's just hard when I want another bike and I keep spying cans and uppers I want. /sigh Darn you finite money supply.

1 Like

I sold a can and an upper with irons and an Aimpoint PRO to help ease the financial burden of this build lol.

And no more bike for me either :(

I have no doubt I will enjoy this, both getting it together and using it. The thought of a custom loop does excite me lol........

Compared to bikes and NFA stuff the PC stuff is nothing lol........

1 Like

Have you looked into any of the three wheeled options?

And I agree about the NFA haha

Yeah bit right now I'm not allowed to drive. So it doesn't matter how many wheels it has I'm not driving it. I feel like my kids always needing someone to drive me wherever I need to go lol.

O well, it was worth a mention. That Polaris Slingshot looks fun if you can turn off a few of the nanny's.

Hopefully one day I can be on a trike we will see what the future holds. For now it's building this PC and exploring the vast world of PC gaming :)

It's a lot different now than back in the Wolfenstein days :)

1 Like

1 Like

I would buy a dedicated SSD for skyrim and it's mods. Those loading times can get ridiculous.

LOL that's hilarious.

@Tristari Yeah I keep hearing about games like that so that's why I was considering the huge SSD.......