Problem with gigabyte b550m aorus pro, random shutdowns

That’s not an option as far as i can see (OCP OVP)

I urge you all to contact gigabyte, and link them to this forum, we need numbers for this to be taken seriously.

I found a beta bios in the gigabyte forum listed as F11j - Improve XMP DIMM compatibility and FCLK overclocking ability.

I’m currently testing and will report back.

F11j is “not” stable. Failed within hours.

This issue is affecting all gigabyte b550 motherboards, only solution (shrugs) is to turn off xmp

Here to add my pain to the list.

Behavior:
Usb 2.0 ports in the back are not working (disconnecting, “sticky keys” symptoms).
PC randomly shuts down, usually when idle.
Specs:
Ryzen 5800X, Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro, Corsair 32GB 3200MHz (from the QVL), Asus GTX 1060 6gb, 4.0 PCIe SSD: Aorus 1TB, 3.0 PCIe SSD: Intel 660p

mmm…can all of you list your cooling solution…?

Couldn’t figure out how to edit my post. But my CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-L9x65 and I also have two additional case fans from Noctua, 1x NF-A14 and 1x NF-A20, both PWM.

ok i found a stable configuration at 3200 cas 16: custom ibt at 24gb and cinebench23 passed

i’ll try cas 15/14 and then 3400…

I’m really disappointed from this motherboard…maybe a very unlucky chip?
let’s hope for a more stable and capable bios update.

i have a doubt about my cooler (silver arrow sb-e) but i’ll open another specific thread about it.

Austrian_Oak, Time to RMA if F11J doesn’t work.

icoborg, use F11J because it is the last stable BIOS for B550.

Did you update your BIOS? Don’t update past F11J. Newer beta BIOSes were so unstable they’ve been pulled from Gigabyte’s pages.

no i’m still on f10, at least now I know i have stable system. i will try the f11

This is starting to get interesting, giving more complaints to show up recently.

I suppose you guys already tried the most obvious things,
like IF 1:1 mem clock, soc voltage 1.2V etc?

Is there a reason why you would need the F11 bios?
If you system is currently stable, then i would wait on that.
Keep in mind that the 5000 series cpu’s are slowly getting out in the wild.
Just give it some time, future bios updates will likely iron out most issues.

Gigabyte now has F11n on their website. Haven’t tried it yet, I’m currently on F11k.

I do think I managed to get my system to be stable by disabling the performance boost and so far so good. Problem is my CPU is now stuck at max 3.8MHz

mmm i dont have a 5000 cpu, but a 3800x,
do you think soc to 1,2v would help me to have stable if 1:1 with 1800?

Well it’s definitely safe to try so it’s worth to give it a go. :slight_smile:

I am experiencing the same problems; random instant shutdowns and random “mouse lag”, on a B550M Aorus Pro with an AMD 5800X and XMP enabled (3200MHz)
I am currently on the F10 BIOS version, after downgrading from F11i
I hope they fix the shutdown issue ASAP, as that is really annoying and makes me think about returning the board

xmp never worked for me, i use the the same values but manually set.

Did that fix the shutdown problem while still allowing XMP-like RAM speeds?
I am not sure what sure mean precisely though, could you elaborate a bit?

it means for now is the only way in my case to have a stable system
3600 xmp to 3200 xmpish values + f10:
meaning i set manually the CAS/RCD/RP/RAS/RC = 16 18 18 38 58 values and the rest in auto.

Hello all! I made an account and wanted to contribute to the discussion after finding this thread.

I have a 5600X, B550M AORUS PRO and 32GB DDR4 3600. I have experienced all of the problems others report in this thread. I opened a ticket with Gigabyte several days ago and I have not gotten an update. Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of spare parts on hand to independently verify, but this computer runs stress tests and other benchmarks with no problem. I can be doing the most random thing and the computer cuts off like it lost power. It does not BSOD. It seems after reading this thread, the board is the common part of everyone here. I’ve had no luck manually tuning my BIOS configurations to result in a stable system. I am on the latest f11n BIOS which is still unstable.

I am going to order a motherboard from another brand and give it a run. If Gigabyte cannot explain the behaviors and instability soon, I will process a return for refund given the lack of support. Thankfully I purchased the motherboard from a vendor who is willing to accept returns until 01/31/2021.

Same here :expressionless:

Ryzen 5600X, B550m Aorus Pro, 16gb 3200mhz HyperX… random reboots out of the blue with no BSOD or any relevant system log… also, getting messages from my UPS that it keeps loosing its USB connection and getting it back soon after.
Not sure what BIOS came with the board as it didn’t work out of the box with the new CPU, so I Q-flashed it to f11g (didn’t have any “beta” notification)…. after I saw the issues, updated it to f11j, still having the issues.