Pre loading fallout 4 now

Pre-ordered and downloaded for my Xbox one now is the waiting game :| then on tuesday going to Target to get some Nuka Cola for myself so i can drink and game into a apocalyptic coma lol enjoy everybody

I think we all know what we're getting in to pre ordering bethesda. it's basically going to be a glitchy ass high quality game.

Still Trust 10/10 to pre-order before I trust battlefront.

Sigh

1 Like

Foul play by nvidia confirmed.

wont be seen as such, it will just be seen as nvidia having the better tech

to be honest framerates look acceptable at 1080p so I will just stick with that (until hopefully there is a performance patch), as long as my monitor stays within the freesync range it should be buttery smooth

well looks like my 390 is getting fucked by gameworks and bad drivers :(

I remember glitching through the floor in crisis 2 and landing in the ocean. swam around for like an hour :) good times....

I had the same thing happen to me quite recently in Arkham Knight, batmobile went through the floor :D

Betting you any money that setting tesselation to x16 or x32 will drastically improve your framerate

god rays is another nvidia tech that tesselates like crazy on desktop pc (yet bizarrely runs fine on console).

i keep mine set x8 so hopefully that will allow me to keep a constant 60 at 1080p

tbh x8 is too low for me, when you go that low on tesselation of game mobels the visual difference is usually too noticeable

from what I have been reading the performance sucks seem to be godrays AND shadow distance (which is typical), one notch down on both in settings and the game should run good enough for me at 1440p I think

nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Well, to the Bethesda haters, I'll just say after 8 hours in game I haven't had any glitch whatsoever, not even small time tearing. SLI 980's is running it at 4k Ultra, all settings maxed except for anisotropic filtering (8x) and AA (off). FPS has ranged from 35-60 FPS (My cards are set to not render faster than 60 FPS as my display is 60 hz), average is about 47 thus far.

Anyway, VPN into Australia and enjoy the Wasteland guys.

That's not what the hatred is about. It's about NVidia and Bathesda pushing all their proprietary crap that artificially hamstrings AMD GPUs. Funny, on the Steam library entry for Fallout 4 they make specific mention that NVidia has game ready drivers for FO4. Well no fucking shit, they produce the tech Bathesda is using, and don't allow AMD access until post launch.

So yes, your 980s should run great.

I'm referring to several people specifically referring to glitchy / buggy launches - not tilted performance based on chip manufacturer, and not recent news about said performance, but an ongoing reputation of glitchy launches. I had no problems with Skyrim (with AMD graphics card), and I have no problems with Fallout 4. So, I don't get what people are whining about.