Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

I’d tried a pi 4 as a desktop. Couldn’t do it. damn video decoding was not powerful enough, so watching a video pinned the CPU.

Damn close though, with USB SSD.

1 Like

Strange. I could youtube-dl 720p videos and mpv would work ok. I did get stutters from time to time, but rare and they didn’t bother me too much. I also watched some 1080p videos in Firefox on other sites and they were fine as well (depending on the bit rate). But yes, the CPU was mostly pinned at >90% whenever I was watching anything, with CPU load between 3.5 and 5 (which is from almost bad to very bad, since the Pi has 4 cores).

Btw, you were the one who convinced me to buy the Pi 4, I wasn’t sure if I would be happy with it as a main PC, but after seeing the 720p performance, I was very, very happy with my purchase. And that was on a 16gb Samsung Evo SD card. I tried Void musl for 2 days or so on an Adata XPG SX8200 Pro on a USB 3.1 caddy on the Pi and it was booting as fast as my PC. Unfortunately, I was too dumb to figure how to enable video acceleration and I couldn’t run any DEs or WMs, so I quit. I’m pretty sure it was an issue on my part and not on the drivers.

Speaking of which, I forgot to test the new void_mklive… it needs testers with all the Pi versions.

I like your dwm-themed tmux config.

1 Like

oh yeah, mpv worked fine, but I was watching streams a lot, so had to be in browser.

Chromium (vomits) was the only one that could handle it, and even that had the CPU being driven harder than an Egyptian slave.

1 Like

That is dvtm and it works exactly like dwm in the terminal. I also recommend abduco with it for session management (it’s like GNU Screen). Both are made by the same person.

Is it allowed to post awesome hardware, not owned by me, but by company?
Ubuntu are speedy compute machines (no idea why neofetch can’t parse new GPUs). Manjaros are my workhorses…

Hostnames censored because reasons…

I didn’t know neofetch was how people got these fancy terminal outputs

5 Likes

neofetch is bloat. I use cat

xD

4 Likes

I am jealous! I am rocking a 6800 essentially. 2080ti. So I should not really be complaining…

2 Likes

I had to be on that shit in order to snag one. Fuck you very much, Newegg.

3 Likes

6900xt? or 6800xt?

1 Like

Those damn suse videos are quite good.

You can tell they had a lot of fun doing that.

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes

Current machines that see frequent use. Top left is my main Win10/Ubuntu dualboot workstation, top right is the (very basic) file server, bottom left is my htpc (duh?) and bottom right is my MacBook Pro.

There’s pile of old laptops and Raspberry Pis in the closet that have FreeBSD, Debian and other stuff installed, but those are pulled out from gathering dust only when I’m feeling risky to tinker with something new.

And in case some one is wondering what’s going on on my second screen, I’m trying to figure out how to remap Caps Lock to act as a Super key.

And mixed use of terminals because Alacritty has some issues with SSH, and MBP didn’t like anything else besides Gnome-terminal over SSH :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am kinda guessing, but for the Alacritty issue, whenever you SSH into another linux box or server, always
export TERM=linux
at the beginning.

Not neofetch but this count? My zsh terminals are customized to print some stats on start

To include cockpit

Baldr:

Bi-Frost:

Nanna:

Odin:

5 Likes

I like the Norse references (Only, I don’t know who Nanna is in regards to Norse Mythology). Are those custom kernels? What software are you using (it looks like a web-browser/electron app)? I have so many questions; I am so curious.

I want one so bad :sob:, but I don’t even have the money because I don’t have a job and no one is hiring right now.

Arch with RX 6800

1 Like