Post your battle stations!

My desk at my second 'job' (more like I have my own desk and I do what I want) looks like that lmao.
It's not disorganized mind you, everything is right where they should be.
The other day a friend borrowed my soldering iron, and I couldn't find it anywhere, it wasn't behind the used paper cups, under the pizza box left of the screw pile where it used to be.
I looked and looked until I asked him where he'd put it, and he said he put in the toolbox.
Didn't cross my mind to look there haha.

2 Likes

Nice desk mat. What brand is it?

I think you need to put 2 more monitors that wall.

1 Like

Your mother PM'd me. She said, "clean up your room!"

4 Likes

Why? All i see is order there... When my room is mess i know exactly where everything is...

3 Likes

Figured it was high time to post mine.

Treasure what you see because this is a rare sight to behold: KemoKa's desk in a state of Relative Tidiness.

The two upper monitors are held up by a PVC pipe filled with rebar and concrete with a 3D-printed holder. The left-hand side of the desk holds my "test bench", the right-hand side is shelves and the networking corner. my main desktop, CB 2.3, is behind the main monitor.

16 Likes

And I thought I was messy....

I....I don't even....

5 Likes

Cost me like, $20 in stuff I got at lowes. Probably not even that much. the SpaceCo mounting hardware to do this would easily have been hundreds of dollars.

3 Likes

first time I've heard someone using concrete with their desk

Never heard of a concrete desk?

1 Like

that's not a very common thing, at least to my knowledge.
are they the same as cement shoes?

no, just a different desk surface?

Now for the second time (not really, but...)

The left and middle portions of the desk are on cinder blocks.

What's all the camera shiz on the shelves?

a Canon 350D body, a sigma macro lens and a couple of ancient FD lenses.

so you're that kind.....you make me sick!

jk

3 Likes

240mm or 280mm rad? If 280mm, how did you end up mounting it? x2 140mm fans in the front? Does it horribly obstruct the fans in that config?
Sorry for the barrage of questions; I've thought about doing the same thing with a 280mm AIO in my R5.

It is the 240mm version. I mounted on the front using the fans in a push config. I also added 1 240mm fan onto the top of the case as a exhaust fan. Probably not needed since I already have one as an exhaust but my thinking was, heat rises.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate the info.
Have you previously mounted the radiator on the top? If so, how does the new mounted position compare? Any significant change in HDD temps? I ask because my Toshibas will have no problem hitting +50c in the summer, unless I keep a fan in front of them.