Post your battle stations!

Finally got my old parts together in a case.
Going to a relative after I finish testing it.
Not TOTL but no slouch either, for the parts.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI (MS-7B93) - on a cold night :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have the same case. it is a good case.

2 Likes

Hmm… Attach a picture from Sept 2021, - I have some never Hw as well.

10 Likes

3 Likes

So I port-matched my replacement TechN AM4 top and gained 20% flow at silent pump-speed and 10% at full speed with 2 DCC pumps.

The funnel opening towards the fins is unchanged, only against the fitting is it made larger.

4 Likes

New setup after decommissioning the desktop.

14 Likes

2 DDC → 2 D5
Lose a little flow - gain so much silence :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was me, had to change locale. Left with just a laptop & clothes. Enjoy what you got, while you got it. Nothing lasts forever, let go when/if the time comes.

11 Likes

What is that monitor under/before the main monitor? Looks like a really nice thin bezel.

1 Like

I made it myself from the display of a Sony VAIO and a tablet stand. After disassembly I bought the display driver for it from eBay. It takes 12V power so all I needed was to add another tail to the 12V server PSU that powers all the auxiliary devices in the area.

I use it mainly for system status monitoring, pretty easy to make and very useful.

5 Likes

Very cool to find another one who had the same idea :slight_smile:
What panel is it?
From which vendor did you get the controller board? niytouch?
I have a 7" as a system monitoring display myself.

2 Likes

I have about a dozen laptop displays that I got off a guy who was spring cleaning the tech stash in his garage. I had no clue what I was going to do with them, but this looks like an interesting possibility.

3 Likes

You did the same thing :smile: that’s awesome. I’m not sure of both to be honest, all I know is that it was a decent IPS display that I didn’t want to go to waste.

2 Likes

My work setup

Convinced corporate to give me a laptop just for teams lol.

Tablet is for work orders and testing some work management stuff since we are a test site.

8 Likes

I look right at the Rockies. It’s pretty nice.

4 Likes

I post a picture from last year and of the latest(oldest) computer I have, -Osborn(II) Executive 1982 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_Executive At least once every year I start it up. Attach 2 pictures. Be my guest and LOL.

ring its time… It was…

16 Likes

That case.
My dad had a portable oscilloscope and my mom had a portable sewing machine w the same look and case closures.

That was the portable template of the time I guess.

3 Likes

Lol. Moore than… Older relatives. About . Notice “Dont need no steenkn badges”

My race. I’m a Linux man.
Best regards

1 Like

Linux rig update applied… Table estate, had been reduced some

7 Likes

I dig your taste in cases.

I’m curious about the skewed monitor position. Why are you positioning it like that?

1 Like