Post your battle stations!

they are really just for monitoring, so I dont need to read much. But its not really that hard, they are 24" 1920x1200.

OK, Iā€™ve never done this so be gentle. Itā€™s only going to grow when the Dell Poweredge T320 gets here.
Heres a overview:

The B550, 3700X, 1660Ti, 32GB 3600:

Fractal Node 804, Asrockrack X40DU, 2700, 1650 Super, 64GB ECC, 25TB- WD Mycloud EX2, Cisco G350-10

z390 MSI MEG, i7 8086k 5.0Ghz, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3200Ghz, 6TB NVMe or SSD storeage for gaming.

ASRock X300, 4650G, 16GB 3200Ghz

11 Likes

+1 for the doggo. Your room feels a little cluttered, but itā€™s nicely ordered (everything seems to have its place). I like the Ryzen mini-PC near your headphones, what case / PC is that?

Iā€™ll soon be on-the-move for the next month(s), so Iā€™ll have to leave my LackRack at my momā€™s place and travel light (probably just my windows tablet, Iā€™ll need to test linux on it and at most, a RPi4 with a USB SSD and kb+touchpad combo, portable screen and portable battery to power it). I donā€™t think either a Pi or my Toshiba Encore will be enough, which is why I need to test before I leave, but if that fails, Iā€™m interested in a mini-PC that can fit in a backpack. I may even look into 3d printing a case just for the motherboard (Iā€™ll go with any APU) and a picoPSU.

ASRock > Mini PC Heres Asrocks different models they offer. They recently came out with the super-small micro cases like Lenovo has. I like it alot. All I needed to add was Ram and Apu. The power supply is all done and it has a option for a wifi card. Ubuntu and Fedora 33 have ran on it fine. Its a great little daily driver so I dont have to boot up the monster everyday.

I also replaced the bight blue LEDā€™s with redā€¦just because its less annoying during low lighting lol.

If you dont need a ton of power there are tons of refurbs or used micro pcā€™s out there like my wifes:

It is a bit cluttered and could use some more organization, but it is a small space and all the wife will allow lol.

2 Likes

Only thing I disagree with the Norton icon I see there. Otherwise Iā€™m almost envious, I also want that many systems to play with :laughing:

lol, Yes you are right. I get flack for it all the time. I just havenā€™t researched a better alternative for windows as yet. Thank you too, it is funā€¦if not warm in here lol

Windows 10 has Windows Defender you really donā€™t need more from what I researched.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a nice setup, and thatā€™s perhaps the biggest heatsink Iā€™ve ever seen inside your Node 804.

1 Like

Actually, Windows Defender, with all the telemetry going around, has come pretty much in the top 5 best anti-virus software on Windows. I still wouldnā€™t use Windows on my main rig though.

Yeah, MSI Frozor L. I had to use some noctua hardware to mount it. I chose it because it was offset just enough to allow all the ram slots to be populated.
I had some note and more pictures of it here. lol

Added a little thing to my ā€œbattle stationā€

I now have a 100% fanless ~ silent PC under my desk, for watching twitch, youtube or listening to music, all the light stuff you dont need a bigger machine for.

I turn it on with the red button under the monitor so I donā€™t even have to see it, nor hear it

Turned out pretty neat imo.

11 Likes

Kudos! Decided I needed the same thing. I wasnā€™t so worried about the noise as I usually have a fan on 24/7 in my office due to my location in the desert. I went the ASrock Desk Mini X300 with the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 with a 4650G.
Nice clean build.

1 Like

yea i figured a higly overclocked 8600K with 64GB RAM and a 6800XT is little too much to watch youtube and such stuff on (my gaming rig)ā€¦ it most likely also ease up a little on my powerbill in the long run

I actually think the X300 is very similar to this, just bigger and a more powerfull APU, so you need the aircooling

1 Like

Same situation here but with a i7 8086k and 2080Tiā€¦lol Little much for web browsing, video streaming lol.

1 Like

New 5950x system. Same old case.

55inch, 65inch and 27inch displays.

This is a before shot. Will post back with an after shot.
before my most recent switch. having like 5 monitors down to two displays.

6 Likes

why do you have CD Spindles when you have tera-quads of qnap storage?

1 Like

nothing better than physical hard copy of phoros and home movies in case the emp comes.

3 Likes

Finally have my battle station complete. Live edge fir slab on an electric adjustable height leg kit. 2x BenQ 27ā€ monitors and an Acer curved 2k monitor.

Close up of the live edge and epoxy finish.

15 Likes

The edge of the slap doesnt look comfy. I made the choice to remove the rind on my desk.

2 Likes

You canā€™t see very well in the pictures but I sanded a curve into it so it slopes off. You donā€™t feel the rough bark in your arms.